The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nuffles
Aww shucks! The road stuff was for my final year at uni doing Photojournalism so it needed to be a fairly hefty body of work. It was all shot on 6x7 medium format negative film - none of this digital rubbish!

It shows in the colour quality of the architectural photos, particularly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couple of shots from Clacton on Sea airshow a couple of weeks ago. I have more to go through of the Lancasters and Typhoon, but that is for another night.

RAF Spitfire by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr

RAF Spitfire by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr
Probably not my best photo, but certainly one i'm proud of :smile:

Rebecca by Slammer95, on Flickr
Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol. :smile:

New lens + rainy day equals more cat photos :ahee:

Sigma 18-35mm 1.8. I wanted to condense my lens set down to 3 (ultra wide, standard zoom and telephoto) while still having something with a wide aperture, so I sold off my primes and 18-50, along with some other tech I needed to clear out, and used a chunk to buy the Sigma to be my sole walkaround lens :yep:
How is it? I've been lusting after that for a while now, but it isn't wide enough for me. The new EF-S 24mm pancake is going to be very tough to resist if certain retailers can price it low enough.
Original post by dhr90
How is it? I've been lusting after that for a while now, but it isn't wide enough for me. The new EF-S 24mm pancake is going to be very tough to resist if certain retailers can price it low enough.

Only got it today, but it's as lustworthy as I was hoping :teeth: it's an absolute tank of a lens and my 100D feels comically small on the end of it (may have a chance to move up to a 70D for not much more money though, which felt better balanced when I tried it), but the weight is fine for me. The 18-35mm range is perfect for me as a general purpose lens, I rarely shoot in the 50mm range, and 1.8 throughout the range stops me needing an extra prime. Haven't had a chance to go out and properly shoot with it yet but the pics it's produced of my cat look great so far :ahee:

Yeah if the 24mm is anything like the 40mm pancake then it's going to be awesome as an inexpensive prime, the day I got to compare it to my nifty fifty I bought one on the spot.
Ha, I bet that looks brilliant on a 100D :biggrin: I used to think 18 was more than wide enough, then got a 12-24, oh the wideness of it!

A 70D would be a very good upgrade in my opinion. I'm trying to tell myself that my 7D is more than good enough and that the new autofocus system and ISO performance of the mk2 isn't necessary...

The 24mm is actually a focal length a would use so it's likely to be my first prime, if the price is right...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhr90
Ha, I bet that looks brilliant on a 100D :biggrin:

Just a tad :ahee:

http://i.imgur.com/TJnVk1E.png

I used to think 18 was more than wide enough, then got a 12-24, oh the wideness of it!

Yeah lens number one in my trio is a 11-16 2.8, really love it!

A 70D would be a very good upgrade in my opinion.

Yeah I'm not expecting a world of difference in terms of image quality (although any bump to dynamic range wouldn't go amiss), but the list of features I like the sound of grows every time I look at it- better autofocus, top LCD plate, electronic level, faster continuous shooting, articulating screen, WiFi (to a lesser extent), so many little things that add up to a very tempting package!

I'm trying to tell myself that my 7D is more than good enough and that the new autofocus system and ISO performance of the mk2 isn't necessary...

It does look verrry tempting! Would like some flavour of 7D myself but between selling my 100D and getting John Lewis discount the 70D shouldn't cost me much more than the remaining profit from my last batch of eBay sales. Some of the 70D's more consumer oriented features like the articulating screen are pretty tempting too.

The 24mm is actually a focal length a would use so it's likely to be my first prime, if the price is right...

With any luck once stock starts making its way to bigger sellers the price will come more in line with the US price and the 40mm.
(edited 9 years ago)
Certainly not my best, but one of the good recent ones :biggrin:. Excuse the bright thingy in the top left corner, the dudes at Boots did a mistake when scanning my film:angry:.
That cat is lovely. Is it yours?
Original post by octionut
Certainly not my best, but one of the good recent ones :biggrin:. Excuse the bright thingy in the top left corner, the dudes at Boots did a mistake when scanning my film:angry:.

Very nice :smile:

Original post by Wilfred Little
That cat is lovely. Is it yours?

He is :h:
i've done art photography and got really into a variety of things, one of them being urban nightlife... so i'll add a few of all my photography!
Recent shot from Brands Hatch at the weekend. More on my flickr if you click through for those interested.

Andrew Jordan by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr
Reply 4496
It's not the best in terms of scenery or quality, but I took this on my iPhone during a live gig (Sub Focus - it was amazing!) and I just believe it captured the atmosphere and vibe of the night perfectly! :biggrin:

Malawi by refrigerate, on Flickr
My friends and I had an early Bonfire night last night so figured I'd give firework photography a go for the first time. Didn't go exactly to plan but I like the bokeh effect rain on the lens added to this one.

Original post by dhr90
Recent shot from Brands Hatch at the weekend. More on my flickr if you click through for those interested.

Great shot of a great sport! :yep:

Original post by SP0TIFY
It's not the best in terms of scenery or quality, but I took this on my iPhone during a live gig (Sub Focus - it was amazing!) and I just believe it captured the atmosphere and vibe of the night perfectly! :biggrin:

I love how the hands appear to be pixelated against the background.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending