The Student Room Group

Warwick Engineering and Investment Banking

1.) Would it be easy/do able to make the transfer from Engineering at Warwick Uni to Investment Banking after graduation?

2.) Is there lots of societies at Warwick for IB?

3.) Would anyone recommend Warwick Uni for decent all around life (socially, work load, accommodation)?

4.) Better of doing Accounting and Finance for IB or keep with Engineering to keep options open?

Thanks a lot in advance
Original post by ndbank
1.) Would it be easy/do able to make the transfer from Engineering at Warwick Uni to Investment Banking after graduation?

2.) Is there lots of societies at Warwick for IB?

3.) Would anyone recommend Warwick Uni for decent all around life (socially, work load, accommodation)?

4.) Better of doing Accounting and Finance for IB or keep with Engineering to keep options open?

Thanks a lot in advance

So not a Warwick student but ill do my best,

1) Sort of, to get into IB you need to be getting in spring weeks and internships early in your degree. Its not a case of transferring just being aware of the opportunities uni offers and get involoved early on, if you wait till final year to apply for grad jobs it will be very difficult.

2) Im confident Warwick will have a work in finance society, look on the SU website.

3) Socially, its not as sociable as other unis closer to city centres, but there is still lots of social opportunities. If you are a social person you will find them, the university has 10,000s students...

4) Of people who make it in IB more people tend to come from a degree like economics or finance then engineering, but I think a lot of this is really down to the fact that these students are going to uni very much eyes open with respect to IB. I dont think it will make much difference, but you need to make active movements towards networking and getting spring weeks & internships on your CV to have a chance at a grad job.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
So not a Warwick student but ill do my best,

1) Sort of, to get into IB you need to be getting in spring weeks and internships early in your degree. Its not a case of transferring just being aware of the opportunities uni offers and get involoved early on, if you wait till final year to apply for grad jobs it will be very difficult.

2) Im confident Warwick will have a work in finance society, look on the SU website.

3) Socially, its not as sociable as other unis closer to city centres, but there is still lots of social opportunities. If you are a social person you will find them, the university has 10,000s students...

4) Of people who make it in IB more people tend to come from a degree like economics or finance then engineering, but I think a lot of this is really down to the fact that these students are going to uni very much eyes open with respect to IB. I don't think it will make much difference, but you need to make active movements towards networking and getting spring weeks & internships on your CV to have a chance at a grad job.

Thanks a lot for your reply 👍

Yeah very helpful advice. I will try and get on a Spring Week and internship as soon as I can. Really struggling with the decision between Finance and Engineering, because Finance might be easier but Engineering keeps doors open, so unsure!

Thanks again 👍
Original post by ndbank
Thanks a lot for your reply 👍

Yeah very helpful advice. I will try and get on a Spring Week and internship as soon as I can. Really struggling with the decision between Finance and Engineering, because Finance might be easier but Engineering keeps doors open, so unsure!

Thanks again 👍

Interesting... What did you end up deciding on and how's it working out for you?
Reply 4
Interested in Engineering at Warwick as well also interested in investment banking as a job so I want to see some more talk here‼️‼️‼️
Original post by Ulluh
Interested in Engineering at Warwick as well also interested in investment banking as a job so I want to see some more talk here‼️‼️‼️

Everything that needs to be said has been said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending