The Student Room Group

MORSE Versus Maths and Stats

I have an offer for MMORSE at Warwick, which will be my firm option. My question is about the insurance option, I have offers for MORSE at Southampton (AAB) and Math and Stats at Bath (A*AB). What would you choose? In theory Bath is a better Uni, but not sure if I should stick to MORSE for Finance, Investment Banking jobs....
Thank you
Original post by Majescas
I have an offer for MMORSE at Warwick, which will be my firm option. My question is about the insurance option, I have offers for MORSE at Southampton (AAB) and Math and Stats at Bath (A*AB). What would you choose? In theory Bath is a better Uni, but not sure if I should stick to MORSE for Finance, Investment Banking jobs....
Thank you
Hi @Majescas,

I study MORSE at Southampton and have found the the course is mainy focused on the statistical based skills in maths. This included stastistics, operational research and economics. This means it may give you more freedom to choose your focus compared to Math and Stats. There is also a brillant Maths community at Southampton, which makes studing here really enjoyable for me. The dedicaticted study centre we have brings students and staff into one place and was designed for collaboration.

Best of luck on you university journey
Matthew
Student Ambassador
Thank you
Both are good but I would probably go for bath in this case, it has more people gunning for IB than Soton.
Thank you

If you want to go into investment banking you should be going to a target uni studying anything. The only target uni among those is Warwick.

In any event Warwick MORSE is very well established and known in the business world for the past 50 years or so.

But more to the point it doesn't matter what subject you do as investment vankers don't do any maths beyond GCSE level and it's all done via excel anyway.

Of the other two just pick which course you like best as neither is better or worse really I think.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest