The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rahulkota1
I mean like is it gonna be a zoom call or like you have to record yourself giving answers

I think they'll give more details to those who get thru to that stage
Has anybody applied for Medicine, and Biomed as their 5th UCAS option? I’m curious how Bristol feel about this!
Original post by lucygb
Has anybody applied for Medicine, and Biomed as their 5th UCAS option? I’m curious how Bristol feel about this!

I contemplated applying for Bristol as my 5th option and had confirmation that it was nothing to worry about.
Bristol is perfectly fine with it as far as I’m aware
Anyone thinking of applying to Bristol as their 5th for anything other than biomed? Im thinking of aapplying for biochem or the molecular bio course at bris
Original post by Uzair63
I contemplated applying for Bristol as my 5th option and had confirmation that it was nothing to worry about.
Bristol is perfectly fine with it as far as I’m aware

That’s great, thank you!
Anyone know when Bristol will get our ucat scores
(edited 3 years ago)
Today I received a rejection from Bristol University in regards to my UCAS Application. However, what confuses me is that last year I had a worse application and got an interview whereas this year I was rejected straight up.

To give some context:
2021 Entry:
Achieved Grades: Chemistry - A, Physics - A, Maths - B.
But I am resitting maths and I am predicted an A.
UCAT: 2900 (Above 90% Percentile)

2020 Entry:
Predicted Grades: Chemistry - A, Physics - A, Maths - A
UCAT: 2800 (90% Percentile Value)

There was an issue where on my UCAS Application, I was actually predicted a B this year, but my referee sent an email to all the Universities to say it should have been an A. I phoned the school today to ask if they received it and they said they did.

So I'm genuinely perplexed as to for what reason my application was rejected without at least being invited to an interview?

The man I spoke to over the phone was very helpful and he said it was possible that an error was made (Like they didn't see that my predicted grade should have been an A). He also suggested emailing the school and asking them to reconsider. But it's really demoralising being in this situation.
Original post by LouismmmmB
Anyone know when Bristol will get our ucat scores

No clue g
Original post by Chowderzzz
Today I received a rejection from Bristol University in regards to my UCAS Application. However, what confuses me is that last year I had a worse application and got an interview whereas this year I was rejected straight up.

To give some context:
2021 Entry:
Achieved Grades: Chemistry - A, Physics - A, Maths - B.
But I am resitting maths and I am predicted an A.
UCAT: 2900 (Above 90% Percentile)

2020 Entry:
Predicted Grades: Chemistry - A, Physics - A, Maths - A
UCAT: 2800 (90% Percentile Value)

There was an issue where on my UCAS Application, I was actually predicted a B this year, but my referee sent an email to all the Universities to say it should have been an A. I phoned the school today to ask if they received it and they said they did.

So I'm genuinely perplexed as to for what reason my application was rejected without at least being invited to an interview?

The man I spoke to over the phone was very helpful and he said it was possible that an error was made (Like they didn't see that my predicted grade should have been an A). He also suggested emailing the school and asking them to reconsider. But it's really demoralising being in this situation.

Mate that sucks! But don’t worry, if it really is because of the predicted mistake I’m sure it will be rectified as it is not your fault.

Do they happen to tell you why you were rejected? I’m not sure all unis do
Original post by qwert7890
Mate that sucks! But don’t worry, if it really is because of the predicted mistake I’m sure it will be rectified as it is not your fault.

Do they happen to tell you why you were rejected? I’m not sure all unis do

They said they can't say until later in the year. And if I read it correctly I think they meant after May, but hopefully they can get back to me
Hi,
I just got an email from Bristol saying that my UCAT score was not attached to my applicant record, but I am unsure of how to correct this.
I had that email too
Same it says they haven’t received my ucat score. Does that mean all my uni choices haven’t received it?
I’m going to send an email with my personal ucat id and date of test
Original post by ok123y
Same it says they haven’t received my ucat score. Does that mean all my uni choices haven’t received it?
I’m going to send an email with my personal ucat id and date of test

That's what I'm concerned about as well - I'm not sure if all my other uni choices have received my score or not :/
Original post by issaaccount
Hi,
I just got an email from Bristol saying that my UCAT score was not attached to my applicant record, but I am unsure of how to correct this.

I think it refers to the portal where you submit your UCAT ID. Not every uni asks for this but Bristol for some reason do
Hi. When do you guys think interview invites are coming out ? late nov or early/late dec? cos on their website it only talks about when the interviews take place and not the invite to interview.
Original post by Usernamexx
Hi. When do you guys think interview invites are coming out ? late nov or early/late dec? cos on their website it only talks about when the interviews take place and not the invite to interview.

I think Late Nov. because I read it somewhere on last years thread on TSR (don’t @ me I might be wrong)
I think Late Nov. because I read it somewhere on last years thread on TSR (don’t @ me I might be wrong)

I applied to Bristol last year and was given an invite on the 13th of November. I assume people will start hearing back next week
Original post by Uzair63
I applied to Bristol last year and was given an invite on the 13th of November. I assume people will start hearing back next week

Any idea when you received the “UCAT scores sent” email?
Any idea when you received the “UCAT scores sent” email?

Since testing went till like the 28th this time I’m not sure if interview calls will be delayed as well

Latest

Trending

Trending