The Student Room Group

Justin Bieber files defamation lawsuit after sexual assault claims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
This could end up being a spectacularly expensive tweet for these two ladies :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53201446

If they were lying, I hope they face the full wrath of the law. It’s really disgusting when people lie about being raped. It is an insult to those who were really raped!
Original post by Designeddeath
If they were lying, I hope they face the full wrath of the law. It’s really disgusting when people lie about being raped. It is an insult to those who were really raped!

It's not too hot for the innocent men sent to prison either. 😕
Original post by TheCoolBro
That's his right. Our system is one of innocent until proven guilty.

Unfortunately, not in rape it isn't. In rape, it's guilty until you are proven innocent.
Original post by AzureCeleste
Defamation of character but it should hopefully also deter others from doing the same thing in cases where it is simply not true. It takes away from those who are actually assaulted.

Original post by Designeddeath

I think the main victims here are those falsely accused of these types of crime; men, falsely accused by women. I think it's wrong that even in false accusations where the main victims are men, society focuses on women as the main victims, almost as if life revolves around women and men are just worthless, a secondary thought. This stance does not help the main victims of these types of crime, those men falsely accused of rape, who loose a lot more than just their reputation, but often their freedom, their families, their friends, their careers and many thousands of times their lives, sometimes at their own hands and many other times at the hands of others.

Point of interest: In light of recent events surrounding racism, during the Jim Crow era, in the US, over 4000 black men were tortured, mutilated, castrated, lynched, torn limb from limb and often burned alive following false rape accusations by racist women.

False accusations cost lives. I hope Justin Beiber goes after these two lowlifes and I hope that he will be able to give them a taste of justice, which will be very hard for him...Much like here in the UK, thanks to feminism, the justice system in Canada and the US is heavily biased in favour of false accusers.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk
I think the main victims here are those falsely accused of these types of crime; men, falsely accused by women. I think it's wrong that even in false accusations where the main victims are men, society focuses on women as the main victims, almost as if life revolves around women and men are just worthless, a secondary thought. This stance does not help the main victims of these types of crime, those men falsely accused of rape, who loose a lot more than just their reputation, but often their freedom, their families, their friends, their careers and many thousands of times their lives, sometimes at their own hands and many other times at the hands of others.

Point of interest: In light of recent events surrounding racism, during the Jim Crow era, in the US, over 4000 black men were tortured, mutilated, castrated, lynched, torn limb from limb and often burned alive following false rape accusations by racist women.

False accusations cost lives. I hope Justin Beiber goes after these two lowlifes and I hope that he will be able to give them a taste of justice, which will be very hard for him...Much like here in the UK, thanks to feminism, the justice system in Canada and the US is heavily biased in favour of false accusers.

I agree in this situation the main victim is those falsely accused (they are the ones involved in this situation), but if people feel it is okay to come out and lie about these kind of events, how are we meant to believe the real victims?
Women are the main victims in terms of getting raped, yes there are men getting raped but nowhere near as many as there are women. In the case of false accusations men are seen as the victim once the claim has been discredited- there is no focus as women being the victim then.
Life definitely doesn't revolve around women with men being worthless- ever heard of feminism? There is a reason that it is a concept and still very very prominent in today's society and needed.
Men are victims of falsely accused rape, but this is rare. Most of the time people are telling the truth (and that is what we want and need so more people come out), yes it causes them to lose a lot when it is proven false- which is why these liers should be punished. But if a women is raped she loses a lot of what you have mentioned as well- the psychological effect is far greater. If people were to stop lying about these situations then only the right people would be punished as it would only be those truly raped who end up having their lives destroyed and would allow women to recieve some closure.

False accusations do cost lives but real rapes cost many more lives. I hope Justin does get justice because what those girls did was not right at all but what I seriously hope is that this doesn't affect those women who do need to speak up from doing so because of fear that they will now be painted as liers.

The justice system is definitely not biased towards false accusers- it is the complete and utter opposite. The justice system works on the premise of innocent until proven guilty- if there is no evidence, which in rape there often isn't, then it is very very very hard to get a conviction. Very few rape trials end up with a guilty verdict because of bias towards the men.
Reply 25
Original post by SHallowvale
I'm confused. Even if these claims are false, why are the people being sued? Are they well known people / celebrities making these claims or just random and otherwise unheard of Twitter users? Typically this stuff would just be ignored. For all we know these could just be two 4Chan trolls.

As diddy said to be honest. Such claims, especially these days, tend to be rather damaging and i imagine he wants to set both a precedent and an example. Can't say i'm entirely unsympathetic to his point there.
Very few rape trials end up with a guilty verdict because of bias towards the men.

Wrong.
The majority of rape trials end up with a guilty verdict. Over 60% in fact. It's lies like that put out by feminists that puts genuine victims off coming forward to make complaints.
For the innocent men accused of rape the accusation alone is the sentence and often a life sentence.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Just my opinion
It's not too hot for the innocent men sent to prison either. 😕

Exactly!
Original post by Pinkisk

I’m not saying the men don’t matter. I support women being punished for false rape accusation. Rape is a sensitive subject and don’t forget that men get raped too. So it’s insulting that a woman or anybody would lie about it
why would he assault a girl? girls are already throwing themselves at him
Original post by Just my opinion
Wrong.
The majority of rape trials end up with a guilty verdict. Over 60% in fact. It's lies like that put out by feminists that puts genuine victims off coming forward to make complaints.
For the innocent men accused of rape the accusation alone is the sentence and often a life sentence.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/jul/26/rape-cases-charge-summons-prosecutions-victims-england-wales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48095118

Interesting statistics in these articles
Original post by Napp
This could end up being a spectacularly expensive tweet for these two ladies :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53201446

The phrase ‘believe all victims’ should be scrapped and replaced with ‘listen to all accusers’
I agree in this situation the main victim is those falsely accused (they are the ones involved in this situation), but if people feel it is okay to come out and lie about these kind of events, how are we meant to believe the real victims?
Women are the main victims in terms of getting raped, yes there are men getting raped but nowhere near as many as there are women. In the case of false accusations men are seen as the victim once the claim has been discredited- there is no focus as women being the victim then.
Life definitely doesn't revolve around women with men being worthless- ever heard of feminism? There is a reason that it is a concept and still very very prominent in today's society and needed.
Men are victims of falsely accused rape, but this is rare. Most of the time people are telling the truth (and that is what we want and need so more people come out), yes it causes them to lose a lot when it is proven false- which is why these liers should be punished. But if a women is raped she loses a lot of what you have mentioned as well- the psychological effect is far greater. If people were to stop lying about these situations then only the right people would be punished as it would only be those truly raped who end up having their lives destroyed and would allow women to recieve some closure.

False accusations do cost lives but real rapes cost many more lives. I hope Justin does get justice because what those girls did was not right at all but what I seriously hope is that this doesn't affect those women who do need to speak up from doing so because of fear that they will now be painted as liers.

The justice system is definitely not biased towards false accusers- it is the complete and utter opposite. The justice system works on the premise of innocent until proven guilty- if there is no evidence, which in rape there often isn't, then it is very very very hard to get a conviction. Very few rape trials end up with a guilty verdict because of bias towards the men.

What other way should we have it though? Innocent until proven guilty is the perfect way to go. It isn’t a bias towards men, it’s a bias towards evidence
Original post by YourClassLiberal
What other way should we have it though? Innocent until proven guilty is the perfect way to go. It isn’t a bias towards men, it’s a bias towards evidence

I agree with innocent until proven guilty? I said that earlier in the thread I'm sure.
It's a bias towards men because there is often a lack of evidence there to convict them so there are increased chances of them walking free if they did commit the crime. However I still believe it should be innocent until proven guilty because there isn't another way to go about it (that I can think of)
I agree with innocent until proven guilty? I said that earlier in the thread I'm sure.
It's a bias towards men because there is often a lack of evidence there to convict them so there are increased chances of them walking free if they did commit the crime. However I still believe it should be innocent until proven guilty because there isn't another way to go about it (that I can think of)

It isn't really a bias towards men when it is a crime that only men can commit.
Original post by DiddyDec
It isn't really a bias towards men when it is a crime that only men can commit.

Well women can as well.......
But there is a bias towards them walking free compared to the women actually getting justice via a conviction?
Well women can as well.......
But there is a bias towards them walking free compared to the women actually getting justice via a conviction?

Women can't be convicted of rape because they don't have the required penis.

No, there is a bias towards evidence since you can't convict without evidence.
Sorry meant they can be charged with sexual assault but ok yeah they can't be charged with rape (my bad, sorry)

Women can't be convicted of rape because they don't have the required penis.

No, there is a bias towards evidence since you can't convict without evidence.

But if there is evidence then it shows they did it? Many rape cases don't go to trial at all due to lack of evidence, so isn't it favouring the men as it can't even reach court without their being some evidence?
Sorry meant they can be charged with sexual assault but ok yeah they can't be charged with rape (my bad, sorry)

But if there is evidence then it shows they did it? Many rape cases don't go to trial at all due to lack of evidence, so isn't it favouring the men as it can't even reach court without their being some evidence?

If there is the evidence it gets taken to court.

If there isn't enough evidence is doesn't get taken to court.

What is the point of taking a trial to court without evidence?
If there is the evidence it gets taken to court.

If there isn't enough evidence is doesn't get taken to court.

What is the point of taking a trial to court without evidence?

There isn't any.
So it favours men prior to even entering court as there is often a lack of evidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending