The Student Room Group

Dentistry Anything else I should do?

Hi, I do want to study dentistry and am applying for Dentistry 2021. I was just wanted to know if there is anything extra I should be doing to strengthening my application.
Academics: I got 5 9's 2 8's and 3 7's at GCSE.
For work experience: 1. I have been volunteering at my local hospital for over a year (until COVID-19)
2. I have done a Dentistry Course by the Uni of Sheffield and will do a few more online courses.
3. I have begun volunteering online during COVID-19.
4. Unfortunately, I have had work experience at a dental practice cancelled, however, I could have a chat with aa dentist to see the roles and responsibilities once I resume volunteering at my local Hospital.
5. I have begun drawing to practise my manual dexterity.
6. Have been reading articles and writing about my reflections and the impact the articles had.
Anything else I should be doing to strengthen my dental application?
what online volunteering have you been doing?
Reply 2
What online volunteering have you been going? I've been really struggling finding something.
Original post by fwasddf
Hi, I do want to study dentistry and am applying for Dentistry 2021. I was just wanted to know if there is anything extra I should be doing to strengthening my application.
Academics: I got 5 9's 2 8's and 3 7's at GCSE.
For work experience: 1. I have been volunteering at my local hospital for over a year (until COVID-19)
2. I have done a Dentistry Course by the Uni of Sheffield and will do a few more online courses.
3. I have begun volunteering online during COVID-19.
4. Unfortunately, I have had work experience at a dental practice cancelled, however, I could have a chat with aa dentist to see the roles and responsibilities once I resume volunteering at my local Hospital.
5. I have begun drawing to practise my manual dexterity.
6. Have been reading articles and writing about my reflections and the impact the articles had.
Anything else I should be doing to strengthen my dental application?

Wow you've done a lot and this already seems like a strong application. I think you've done enough and just revise for UCAT!l

Quick Reply

Latest