The Student Room Group

A second wave coming??

Scroll to see replies

In my high school two year groups had to self isolate because a student tested positive for the virus.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Cryoraptor
Because there's literally nothing you can do about COVID-19 at this point bar a vaccine so people don't care anymore. I can say without a shred of guilt that I don't care. I have to get on with my life and so do the rest of the people on this Earth. Lockdown just won't work anymore, the virus is too widespread. Embrace it. Most people on this website won't even know when they get COVID-19. And yes, it's a 'when', not an 'if'. Everyone on this site WILL get it at some stage, and none of them will die unless they are 60 or over, in which case what are they doing on this site?

Children, teenagers and adults under 60 with pre-existing health conditions have died of covid19.
Many people on this site have pre-existing health conditions that place them at a higher risk of not surviving covid19 than a healthy pensioner with no prior health problems.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by londonmyst
Children, teenagers and adults under 60 with pre-existing health conditions have died of covid19.
Many people on this site have pre-existing health conditions that place them at a higher risk of not surviving covid19 than a healthy pensioner with no prior health problems.

I assumed they were trolling tbh.

How many exactly, about 5 ever? There's about 2 cases of children dying in this country that I know about.
Yeah they might have a higher risk, but they also have a higher risk to colds, flu etc.. It's still unlikely to kill them or even cause serious problems.

Original post by StriderHort
I assumed they were trolling tbh.

I said something you don't like, therefore I'm trolling? Grow up. I can't waste my time and my life protecting people from something that probably won't kill most of them that most don't even want protection from.
(edited 3 years ago)
I hope not because my predicted grades ate *****tttttttttttt
"Eat out, help out to spread the virus"
I said something you don't like, therefore I'm trolling? Grow up. I can't waste my time and my life protecting people from something that probably won't kill most of them that most don't even want protection from.

I need to grow up?, get over yourself and that time you can't waste. :rolleyes:
I need to grow up?, get over yourself and that time you can't waste. :rolleyes:

I don't know about you but I've got A levels to get and a social life. If second lockdown happens both of those are going to be disrupted and A levels possibly cancelled. You want me and tens of thousands of other young adults to have no job prospects into their 20s because of a virus that's killing some older people? You know that this virus can't be controlled by lockdowns anymore, it's impossible right? Every time you start easing restrictions, cases will just go back up again.

That's just the tip of the iceberg though. A second lockdown means a sh*t ton of businesses probably going under and millions of people made redundant. You want millions upon millions of people out of jobs to save a few thousand mostly old people who are going to die of flu or pneumonia relatively soon anyway? Not to mention, the amount of deaths and suffering you're causing through lockdown must mean something surely? Increased suicide rate and mental distress due to everything? You need a bit of perspective. I'm sorry if you've got vulnerable people at home, I really am, I do too but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not responsible if your loved ones die of COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2 is responsible. Millions across the country financially struggled through lockdown and still are, a second one might be the nail in the coffin especially when you consider that furlough isn't really an option anymore. Our economy is too broke.
I don't know about you but I've got A levels to get and a social life. If second lockdown happens both of those are going to be disrupted and A levels possibly cancelled. You want me and tens of thousands of other young adults to have no job prospects into their 20s because of a virus that's killing some older people? You know that this virus can't be controlled by lockdowns anymore, it's impossible right? Every time you start easing restrictions, cases will just go back up again.

That's just the tip of the iceberg though. A second lockdown means a sh*t ton of businesses probably going under and millions of people made redundant. You want millions upon millions of people out of jobs to save a few thousand mostly old people who are going to die of flu or pneumonia relatively soon anyway? Not to mention, the amount of deaths and suffering you're causing through lockdown must mean something surely? Increased suicide rate and mental distress due to everything? You need a bit of perspective. I'm sorry if you've got vulnerable people at home, I really am, I do too but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not responsible if your loved ones die of COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2 is responsible. Millions across the country financially struggled through lockdown and still are, a second one might be the nail in the coffin especially when you consider that furlough isn't really an option anymore. Our economy is too broke.

In all respectful honestly, why bother reading past the bold? LDII™ is happening. I don't want any of this, my family is already dead and it wasn't me that brought us to this point. Why are you not to blame for this? Why do you get to go on?
Well Bojo said there will be a second wave, since the schools have been back there has been a higher increase since May 22nd I think the date was.
Original post by Geraldthegoat
Well Bojo said there will be a second wave, since the schools have been back there has been a higher increase since May 22nd I think the date was.

In honesty, why would anyone expect a man who denies his own children even EXIST, to know, understand or care about schools that aren't Eton?
Reply 31
Because there's literally nothing you can do about COVID-19 at this point bar a vaccine so people don't care anymore. I can say without a shred of guilt that I don't care.

And this mindset is why we’ll end up in a second national lockdown by next week...
In all respectful honestly, why bother reading past the bold? LDII™ is happening. I don't want any of this, my family is already dead and it wasn't me that brought us to this point. Why are you not to blame for this? Why do you get to go on?

I'm not to blame for it because throughout the first lockdown, I abided by all the rules, socially distanced, stayed away from friends, everything. And what did I get for it? Ever-increasing news that COVID-19 isn't really that bad in retrospect, a warped sense of reality and just another lockdown. Like f*ck am I going to go through all that again just for it to fail again, which it will because as I've explained, the virus is too widespread to control with a lockdown anymore. Don't you dare tell me that this is my fault when I did everything to get paid back with nothing. When this is all finally over, I actually want A levels, I actually want job prospects into my early 20s, I actually don't want to be mentally crippled and completely severed from reality.

Original post by epicnm
And this mindset is why we’ll end up in a second national lockdown by next week...

No, the reason why we'd end up in a second lockdown is because people are irrational and can't accept death, with a side of not understanding graphs. 3,000 cases now is a drop in the ocean compared to 3,000 cases during the peak. Hell, even 10,000 cases would not be much compared to what the highest figures represented at the peak. People don't understand figures and think we're halfway back to where we were in April when that's far from the reality. The reality of the situation is that even in the worst-affected areas, only a fairly small minority of people actually have the virus, and most of them are healthy adults who will have it mildly, then get better and never think about it again. Has it ever occurred to you why cases are rising but deaths are still staying low? You can't have a second wave if deaths aren't increasing, that's fundamentally illogical.

Can anyone who is pro-lockdown/thinks I'm a selfish, despicable human being tell me why it would be fair for me and everyone in my area to go into national lockdown when last week, this area registered a total of 14 cases out of the 130 thousand residents of this area? What good reason is there for this area to go into lockdown when SARS-CoV-2 is minute and nearly extinct here? You do realise that statistically speaking, if a lockdown was imposed on my area, that would actually cause a lot more unnecessary deaths and suffering through suicide and medical emergencies not being dealt with, and businesses going under and redundancy skyrocketing, and general mental health going down the gutter? Do you utter cretins actually think about the impact lockdown has at all? Does it ever occur to you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes, over the last 72 hours I've had multiple strangers touch me.
So many people in Fulham, Harrow, Morden and Uxbridge seem to have abandoned all common sense.

This morning I found a group of idiots with visitor cards for different floors crammed into a small conference room sharing snacks, bottled drinks and reusing cups without even washing them out.
I dread to think how often the three exercise bikes in the workout area are being used or cleaned, the cleaning crew haven't been in since May.

My friend's two children are 8 & 6, trying to distance and asking if they need to start wearing gloves to stop people making skin contact when they go outside. Their little brother isn't even allowed outside beyond the garden.
I hear from friends outside London that similar things are happening in parts of Burnley, Bolton, Hull, Leicester, Salford and Newcastle.

Honestly, I would probably sign up to share some germs with some people right now. After all this isolation I truly feel like my immune system must be lacking. The horrible part is bringing other people into it, and touching non-consenting strangers, especially when people are damn well aware how scared some people are. They should be punished
(edited 3 years ago)
I feel it's a certainty tbh, even in the 12 hours since I got drunk and ranted about it we've taken steps closer. The political scene is being set where naughty protesters and thugs will disobey over the sunny weekend making those regrettable measures needed.

Quick Reply

Latest