The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Nursing 2021 Intake Magee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry.. them practice try’s with questions can I do them as many as I want say I did some today and came back to do some tomorrow would that be possible? Or is it once you do the practice you’ve to do the real thing there and then?

You can just leave and come back. I've tried the practise questions a few times.
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Sorry.. them practice try’s with questions can I do them as many as I want say I did some today and came back to do some tomorrow would that be possible? Or is it once you do the practice you’ve to do the real thing there and then?

You can do them as many times as you want and 'exit Interview' then return
What did everyone who has done the interview wear?
Just did mine, yikes!!!
My nerves will be wrecked now until we hear back.
Anyone know when we hear from UU?
Seen Qub is May.
They should give you more time for the first Question to get used to the process and because it's a meaningful question 🧐
Definitely wasn't expecting the latter Q either. Aah well, I'm glad its done with. Good luck to everyone!!
What did everyone who has done the interview wear?

A peach blouse type top. That's all they could see lol.
I don't think all that will even be taken into account tbh as its video interviews. Different if it was in person
I don't really feel as if I could have even prepared better if I had have known the questions, it really was a use all you know and think on the spot to give your best answer, type of questions.
I would advise anyone who's worried or over thinking it to go ahead and do it, it manageable and you will more than likely come off less nervous and more natural if you go and do it, instead of overthinking yourself into a worry. That's what I ended up doing. Any longer I probably would have exited halfway through with anxiety of all the info I sucked in the days prior haha. It's fine to do. Best of luck
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bernmc65
I don't really feel as if I could have even prepared better if I had have known the questions, it really was a use all you know and think on the spot to give your best answer, type of questions.
I would advise anyone who's worried or over thinking it to go ahead and do it, it manageable and you will more than likely come off less nervous and more natural if you go and do it, instead of overthinking yourself into a worry. That's what I ended up doing. Any longer I probably would have exited halfway through with anxiety of all the info I sucked in the days prior haha. It's fine to do. Best of luck

Can I just ask (if you’re allowed to say that is) how many minutes do you get for each question?🙈 also I really hope it all went well for you😊
I feel like all my prepared questions were a waste of time 😂😂 Yeah my nerves got the best of me on the last two questions 😩 going to b a long wait
Original post by Lisagreen26
I feel like all my prepared questions were a waste of time 😂😂 Yeah my nerves got the best of me on the last two questions 😩 going to b a long wait

Yes, 100%! That's what I mean, hard to prepare for that. Nothing I had planned to sya came into play. Hopefully we done okay!
Do you know the turnaround time for UU?

Yes, 100%! That's what I mean, hard to prepare for that. Nothing I had planned to say came into play. Hopefully we done okay!
Original post by Bernmc65
Yes, 100%! That's what I mean, hard to prepare for that. Nothing I had planned to say came into play. Hopefully we done okay!

I just got it done at kids naptime today , also annoyed that I prepped a lot for very little reason lol Also seeing the video beforehand I would've gave a similar answer / perspective if I'd just watched it on the spot. Will be interesting to see a marking criteria. I did make bullet points at the start of the question and just glanced at them, anyone else do this or did you just dive straight in? Well done everyone who got it done and good luck, now the real wait!!
Are you able to take notes you make of the video into the interview with you or how does that work?
My worry for this is since we don't scan the room if I wrote bullet points will they think I have a whole list of stuff already there but they never specified and know people will take notes as they advised so their just trusting is to be professional at the same time
Are you able to take notes you make of the video into the interview with you or how does that work?

I wasn't sure if you could bring notes in so I didn't bring any in with me but you do have time to write down some key ideas but personally I was conscious of treating it just as if somebody was in front of me and I would want to make eye contact. Having a few scribbles in front I think just gave me a bit of reassurance that if I went blank I'd have a prompt at least. Having said that with a few of the questions I presume they would want a very true natural response opposed to rehearsed.
Im doing my interview tomorrow, by the sounds of things the questions are really unexpected sorts of questions! Ah god nervous now lol!
Original post by SLB89113
Im doing my interview tomorrow, by the sounds of things the questions are really unexpected sorts of questions! Ah god nervous now lol!

Awk no don't worry its not anything out of the ordinary all relevant to nursing! Good luck
Original post by Rainbow03
Awk no don't worry its not anything out of the ordinary all relevant to nursing! Good luck

Thankyou so much! Will be soso glad to get it out of the way lol!

I agree i had prepared so much and didnt use any of it. My nerves took over in the last question i was staring at the screen like what do i say now??🤣
I agree i had prepared so much and didnt use any of it. My nerves took over in the last question i was staring at the screen like what do i say now??🤣

Same I feel like that will be the clincher question but so far most ppl have said at least 1 question kind of threw them so hopefully all in the same boat! It’s actually worse once you’ve done it and start thinking ah maybe I should’ve said this or added that! I’m going to try to put it to the back of my mind now!

I feel the same , I spent ages going over questions and answers I thought I would be asked ... your definitely better just going for it!

Quick Reply

Latest