alexlee1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I accepted a tenancy contract by mistake and called the company right after asking to cancel because my university just informed me i would have online classes. They told me to find a replacement and write a cancellation letter. however, i haven't found anyone to take over my tenancy i am worried. The company only has my name, phone number and email, no other document from me or my guarantor. can they still sue me or something similar?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alexlee1)
I accepted a tenancy contract by mistake and called the company right after
Was there not a cooling off period in the contract?
Last edited by ROTL94; 3 weeks ago
alexlee1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Was there not a cooling off period in the contract?
no, apparently they couldn't offer a cooling offer period to people that accept the contract after the 1st of September
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I accepted a tenancy contract by mistake and called the company right after asking to cancel because my university just informed me i would have online classes. They told me to find a replacement and write a cancellation letter. however, i haven't found anyone to take over my tenancy i am worried. The company only has my name, phone number and email, no other document from me or my guarantor. can they still sue me or something similar?
How did you "accept" it? Have you paid anything?
alexlee1
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
How did you "accept" it? Have you paid anything?
online, basically I was scrolling down reading the contract and clicked on the accept thing by mistake. I did call then right after to explain but they couldn't care less. No, i haven't paid anything plus they asked for documents such as ID, residency and student status such as details from my guarantor but i never provided anything
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
online, basically I was scrolling down reading the contract and clicked on the accept thing by mistake. I did call then right after to explain but they couldn't care less. No, i haven't paid anything plus they asked for documents such as ID, residency and student status such as details from my guarantor but i never provided anything
Can I ask which company this tenancy is with so I can find a tenancy agreement online?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't know if that's binding, but it might be worth getting legal advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads