The Student Room Group

Swapping A levels

Hi, so I picked Maths English Lit and French at college. I’m in year 12 and I’m really worried about continuing with french incase it’s too difficult or i don’t enjoy it.

The problem is I wouldn’t be too sure what to swap to because I could feel the same way about what I swap to.

It’s really making me feel anxious and nauseous as I struggle with anxiety it’s bringing it back
Hi
I did the same on my first year i chose chemistry, biology and psychology I ended up hating biology with in the 1st month and I couldn't last the year no matter what I spoke to my previous tutor from my secondary school they advised me to talk to a college advisor and to talk to a deputy or head of year.

Honestly it helped going to a previous teacher who knew me because they reminded me how much I loved maths and to take a route involving math and I didnt delay it spoke to my college and they transferred me after I explained them my struggles.

Maybe talk to a previous teacher or if you studied language as a GCSE ask your teacher what to expect and explain them your worry and then speak to someone at your college dont wait long otherwise you wont be able to transfer if that the route you wish to go

Quick Reply

Latest