The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1 rumour im surprised nobody has mentioned is that apparently gasly is in talks to replace ocon in renault for 2021 or 2022
Original post by quasa
1 rumour im surprised nobody has mentioned is that apparently gasly is in talks to replace ocon in renault for 2021 or 2022

Makes sense for both of them. He's better than Ocon & at he'll always be behind Max at RB and that assumes he'll get promoted which might not happen.

Renault development starting to shape up as well, giving reasons to be optimistic for when they start 2022 development and the cost cap will bring them financially much closer to the top.

I think Gasly deserves another shot elsewhere.
Apparently grosjean wants to join Peugeots hypercar project
Formula E 2021 calendar
Es0hhlPXcAMmGPp.jpeg

2021 Lineup

Envision Virgin Racing
4) Robin Frinjs
37) Nick Cassidy (R)

Mercedes Benz EQ Formula E team
5) Stoffel Vandoorne
17) Nyck De Vries

Dragon/ Penske Autosport
6) Nico Muller
7) Sergio Sette Camara

NIO 333 Formula E Team
8) Oliver Turbey
88) Tom Blomqvist

Jaguar Racing
10) Sam Bird
20) Mitch Evans

Audi Sport ABT Schaffler
11) Lucas Di Grassi (FC)
33) Rene Rast

DS Techeetah
13) Antonio Felix Da Costa (C)
25) Jean Eric Vergne (FC)

Nissan e DAMS
22) Oliver Rowland
23) Sebastien Buemi (FC)

BMW i Andretti Motorsport
27) Jake Dennis (R)
28) Maximilian Gunther

Mahindra Racing
29) Alexander Sims
94) Alex Lynn

TAG Huer Porsche Formula E Team
36) Andre Lotterer
99) Pascal Wherlien

ROKiT Venturi Racing
48) Edoarto Mortara
71) Norman Nato

Driver standings
1) Edwardo Mortara 72
2) Robin Frinjs 62
3) Anotnio Felix Da Costa 60
4) Rene Rast 60
5) Mitch Evans 60
6) Nyck De Vries 59
7) Stoffel Vandoorne 54
8) Jake Dennis 54
9) Oliver Rowland 53
10) Jean Eric Vergne 50
11) Sam Bird 49
12) Pascal Wherlien 48
13) Lucas Di Grassi 39
14) Nick Cassidy 37
15) Alexander Sims 36
16) Alexander Lynn 32
17) Nico Muller 30
18) Maxamilan Gunther 28
19) Andre Lotterer 18
20) Oliver Turvey 13
21) Sergio Sette Camera 12
22) Sebastien Buemi 11
23) Norman Nato 11
24) Tom Blomqvist 5
25) Joel Erikkson 0

Team Standings
1) Mercedes Benz EQ Formula E team 113
2) DS Techeetah 110
3) Jaguar Racing 109
4) Audi Sport ABT Schaffler 99
5) Envision Virgin Racing 99
6) ROKiT Venturi Racing 83
7) BMW i Andretti Motorsport 82
8) Mahindra Racing 68
9) TAG Huer Porsche Formula E Team 66
10) Nissan e DAMS 64
11) Dragon/ Penske Autosport 42
12) NIO 333 Formula E Team 18
(edited 2 years ago)
New livery for Envision virgin racing. Drivers will be Nick Cassidy and Robin Frinjs.
Original post by mnot
Makes sense for both of them. He's better than Ocon & at he'll always be behind Max at RB and that assumes he'll get promoted which might not happen.

Renault development starting to shape up as well, giving reasons to be optimistic for when they start 2022 development and the cost cap will bring them financially much closer to the top.

I think Gasly deserves another shot elsewhere.

As much as I’d love to see Gasly somewhere else Prost has said in interviews that the rumours about him moving to Renault are completely untrue so that could rule that one out....
Original post by Andrew97
New livery for Envision virgin racing. Drivers will be Nick Cassidy and Robin Frinjs.

cassidy should be interesting to watch. hes 1 of the drivers I rate as the best outside of f1 and has finished in the top 2 in both super gt and super formula for the last 3 seasons (and won both championships at different points)
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-set-for-23-race-calendar-in-2021/4900026/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-1

Interesting. Lets see how much of this actually happens, be a bit dissapointed if we don't go back to one of the stand in tracks from this year.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-set-for-23-race-calendar-in-2021/4900026/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-1

Interesting. Lets see how much of this actually happens, be a bit dissapointed if we don't go back to one of the stand in tracks from this year.

As great as having lots of races is, id rather they didn't stuff the calendar just for sponsor deals.

Much prefer they got rid of perennially dim racesand kept a narrower but more exciting calendar.

Ive really enjoyed the one-off races this year. Mugello, Nurburgring, Portimao much more than lots of the current tracks.

I think theirs a lot to learn for future calendars, namely stop giving these long contracts to governments buying races. Get rid of Abu Dhabi/Bahrain/Singapore. Go to these interesting tracks without miles of runoff but are still designed for GP racing.

I also think it would be more interesting if their were 5 or so rounds which switched round every year as well so we get these weekends like mugello in future seasons.
Original post by mnot
As great as having lots of races is, id rather they didn't stuff the calendar just for sponsor deals.

Much prefer they got rid of perennially dim racesand kept a narrower but more exciting calendar.

Ive really enjoyed the one-off races this year. Mugello, Nurburgring, Portimao much more than lots of the current tracks.

I think theirs a lot to learn for future calendars, namely stop giving these long contracts to governments buying races. Get rid of Abu Dhabi/Bahrain/Singapore. Go to these interesting tracks without miles of runoff but are still designed for GP racing.

I also think it would be more interesting if their were 5 or so rounds which switched round every year as well so we get these weekends like mugello in future seasons.

Agree re most circuits but I'd keep Bahrain and switch nurburgring with hockenheim
Original post by mnot

Original post by quasa
Agree re most circuits but I'd keep Bahrain and switch nurburgring with hockenheim

I reckon 20 should be the limit. I’d drop Paul Ricard, Barcelona. Abu. Russia at least and some others
I reckon 20 should be the limit. I’d drop Paul Ricard, Barcelona. Abu. Russia at least and some others

Barca, Ad, sochi, Monaco, Singapore, Ricard I'd get rid off.

Also after last weekend, do you still rate estoril above portimao for F1?
Original post by quasa
Barca, Ad, sochi, Monaco, Singapore, Ricard I'd get rid off.

Also after last weekend, do you still rate estoril above portimao for F1?

Monaco I’d maybe jeep for historical reasons, not for the race itself. Singapore is only there because of the spectecal, maybe a sharing deal with Malaysia?

I watched something from Estoril the other week, circuit seems too tight and narrow for a good f1 race.
Is their a good reason not to race at Jerez instead of barcelona?
Original post by mnot
Is their a good reason not to race at Jerez instead of barcelona?

Not sure, I’m not a massive fan of the track tbh, feels a bit like estoril in that it’s really small and narrow, good for Bikes

Spain doesn’t have many great tracks for open wheel, mainly suited to bikes
Not sure, I’m not a massive fan of the track tbh, feels a bit like estoril in that it’s really small and narrow, good for Bikes

Spain doesn’t have many great tracks for open wheel, mainly suited to bikes

I concur. Spain circuits are great for bikes but lame for cars. Barca may be better if thy reverted to pre - chicane layout but its still lame.
Original post by quasa
I concur. Spain circuits are great for bikes but lame for cars. Barca may be better if thy reverted to pre - chicane layout but its still lame.

Spain has never been one for overtaking really, save the years when Pirelli’s would wear quickly and it’s at a time of year when weather doesn’t have an impact. What do you think giving Aaragon a shot?

Australia also had a track is too narrow issue these days. But there’s nowhere else that can host there (Mount Panaroma would be epic but won’t happen)
Pierre Gasly to remain with AT for 2021.
Spain has never been one for overtaking really, save the years when Pirelli’s would wear quickly and it’s at a time of year when weather doesn’t have an impact. What do you think giving Aaragon a shot?

Australia also had a track is too narrow issue these days. But there’s nowhere else that can host there (Mount Panaroma would be epic but won’t happen)

aragon is epic for bikes and would be one decent for 2022 spec f1 cars, but current cars not so much.

you know my views on mount panorama :biggrin: (personally Id impose a ban on overtaking from turn 4 till the corner leading onto the back straight).

adelaide may be decent.
Pierre Gasly to remain with AT for 2021.

RB/AT confirm this but no news on Albon?

Latest