The Student Room Group

How similar are OCR and AQA Physics

Hi,
I've just started Year 12 and am taking A levels in Physics, Maths and Geography.
I was struggling to catch up in Maths so I purchased Uplearn for Edexcel Maths and so far its been great- its really helped me to catch up with my classwork and helped me to understand the concepts better.

Right now, though, my weakest subject by far is AQA Physics , especially the mechanics module which I don't seem to understand at all. I'm keen to get Uplearn for Physics to help me, but they don't have the AQA Physics board yet- only the OCR.

How similar are AQA Physics and OCR Physics?
If they're very similar then maybe I'll try it out. It's quite a lot of money so I don't want to pay for something that's not relevant to me at all.
Or would I be better off getting a private tutor?
My Mechanics teacher isn't very good and all these year group bubbles and social distancing means it's basically impossible for me to ask him for help outside of lessons
Original post by laura ferrao
Hi,
I've just started Year 12 and am taking A levels in Physics, Maths and Geography.
I was struggling to catch up in Maths so I purchased Uplearn for Edexcel Maths and so far its been great- its really helped me to catch up with my classwork and helped me to understand the concepts better.

Right now, though, my weakest subject by far is AQA Physics , especially the mechanics module which I don't seem to understand at all. I'm keen to get Uplearn for Physics to help me, but they don't have the AQA Physics board yet- only the OCR.

How similar are AQA Physics and OCR Physics?
If they're very similar then maybe I'll try it out. It's quite a lot of money so I don't want to pay for something that's not relevant to me at all.
Or would I be better off getting a private tutor?
My Mechanics teacher isn't very good and all these year group bubbles and social distancing means it's basically impossible for me to ask him for help outside of lessons

Hi so AQA is Easier than OCR. I’m currently in year 9 and have 2 GCSE’s next Year. I go to a private school and do OCR.

Quick Reply

Latest