The Student Room Group

Do I need to do the physics practicals again

Basically I'm retaking my A levels privately but doing the practical endorsements for physics costs a lot and is confusing. if i failed physics the first time but still passed the practicals can i just use whatever certificate I got then, and does it matter if im doing physics under a different board now?
Original post by OOOOP
Basically I'm retaking my A levels privately but doing the practical endorsements for physics costs a lot and is confusing. if i failed physics the first time but still passed the practicals can i just use whatever certificate I got then, and does it matter if im doing physics under a different board now?

The practical endorsement (which is what you're talking about) can be carried-forward to your retake, even if the exam board is different.

For example, see this from OCR:

"If I want to retake my A Level exams will I have to redo all the practical endorsement activities?
No. The practical endorsement will not contribute to the A Level grade and will be reported as Pass or Not Classified. Thus this will remain the same whatever your final A Level grade. A pass in the practical endorsement may be carried forward and used alongside the grade achieved in re-sitting the exams, even if this is with a different exam board (using the appropriate entry code)."

Whatever exam board you're using will have a similar statement on their web site somewhere.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The practical endorsement (which is what you're talking about) can be carried-forward to your retake, even if the exam board is different.

For example, see this from OCR:

"If I want to retake my A Level exams will I have to redo all the practical endorsement activities?
No. The practical endorsement will not contribute to the A Level grade and will be reported as Pass or Not Classified. Thus this will remain the same whatever your final A Level grade. A pass in the practical endorsement may be carried forward and used alongside the grade achieved in re-sitting the exams, even if this is with a different exam board (using the appropriate entry code)."

Whatever exam board you're using will have a similar statement on their web site somewhere.

thats like a complete response to what i was asking tysm
Original post by OOOOP
thats like a complete response to what i was asking tysm

You're welcome. Just make sure that you let your exam centre know that you're carrying forward the practical endorsement, so they register you properly with the exam board. (Or let the exam board know, if you're registering directly with the exam board.)

(OCR allude to that in their FAQ above when they say "using the appropriate entry code"; AQA provide instructions to exam centres as to how to do so in their carry forward guidance here. Each exam board handles this differently.)

Quick Reply

Latest