The Student Room Group

starting a sport age 16

Hi, im age 16 and im looking to start a sport/form of physical activity with no experience. I don't have a particular sport I do and I know its quite late to start anything but I just like the idea of doing something to keep fit. What would be a sport that's good to start with little to no experience??
Reply 1
Original post by Gabriella123423
Hi, im age 16 and im looking to start a sport/form of physical activity with no experience. I don't have a particular sport I do and I know its quite late to start anything but I just like the idea of doing something to keep fit. What would be a sport that's good to start with little to no experience??

It's not that late - a lot of people pick up all sorts of sports for the first time when they go to uni! Running is a good one for basic fitness, since you need basically no equipment and don't need to try and find a club at a suitable level for you, but if you want to try out a team sport then most clubs will accept older/adult beginners. I quite enjoyed hockey as a beginner when I was younger, but have a look around near you (search "sports club _____" and things should come up) to see what options you have nearby.

Quick Reply

Latest