The Student Room Group
Hi, my teacher hasn't given me an overall grade yet just because we're on section c of the coursework. :s-smilie:

I chose "Nature and Environment" as my theme for my coursework but even if you've chose "Multifunctional Living" or "Teenage Life", I'd be happy to help you :smile:
Heya, I got a grade 9 in my coursework, is there anything in particular you need help with?
Original post by Mehvij12345
As anyone who got a good grade in their DT coursework tell me what i need to include in my powerpoint to get that high grade? I am currently working at a grade 6 and i need lots of help?

Hi, if you use the mark scheme for your NEA this tells you exactly what you need to include in your powerpoint to get full - you should be able to find this on the website for your exam board. Make sure you include every detail that is in the mark scheme otherwise you will lose out on easy marks. There should also be some exemplar pieces of coursework on the exam board's website that should be able to guide you through what you need to include :smile:
Original post by Incede
Hi, if you use the mark scheme for your NEA this tells you exactly what you need to include in your powerpoint to get full - you should be able to find this on the website for your exam board. Make sure you include every detail that is in the mark scheme otherwise you will lose out on easy marks. There should also be some exemplar pieces of coursework on the exam board's website that should be able to guide you through what you need to include :smile:

Thnx alot
Original post by Himynameisdaisy
Heya, I got a grade 9 in my coursework, is there anything in particular you need help with?

Yh, what do you need in your development pages to get the top grade?
I could not find any specifics on the Mark Scheme and it only said 'in detail'.
Original post by KoutarouAmon
Hi, my teacher hasn't given me an overall grade yet just because we're on section c of the coursework. :s-smilie:

I chose "Nature and Environment" as my theme for my coursework but even if you've chose "Multifunctional Living" or "Teenage Life", I'd be happy to help you :smile:

What is section c?
my predicted grade was said due to the fact that i had parents evening a week ago. It was helpful knowing where i was..
Today was last day of school before half term holidays
What is section c?
my predicted grade was said due to the fact that i had parents evening a week ago. It was helpful knowing where i was..

Section C of the NEA is the design ideas :smile:
Original post by KoutarouAmon
Section C of the NEA is the design ideas :smile:

Ok we had to finish that by the end of the summer holidays and we are currently on the development section now...
Yh, what do you need in your development pages to get the top grade?
I could not find any specifics on the Mark Scheme and it only said 'in detail'.

Hi, that is section c, right? If so, you need to show iterative changes between your designs. So a range of sketches showing how your design is evolving to be better suited to your client. Make references to your specification and show how your designs fit within that (i.e. annotations, use these to explain your designs too as they may be hard to interpret without) They don't need to be super pretty atm, they just need to show your creative thinking.

If you need anymore help in the future, feel free to dm me
Hi, that is section c, right? If so, you need to show iterative changes between your designs. So a range of sketches showing how your design is evolving to be better suited to your client. Make references to your specification and show how your designs fit within that (i.e. annotations, use these to explain your designs too as they may be hard to interpret without) They don't need to be super pretty atm, they just need to show your creative thinking.

Creative thinking along with analysis... I think i get it now. Thank you so very much!!! :smile::smile:

Perfect response :smile:

For the development OP the more models you make the better, as daisy says ideally you want to be showing your models to your client each time you make a new change. The more feedback you can get the better as by the time you come to create the final product you will have ironed out any issues and made a product more suited to their needs.
Make sure you take lots of pictures during this stage as you need to evidence you have done it, take photos of your client using the model (blur out faces as necessary).
You dont need perfect neat models each time, some things only require basic paper models e.g things like trying to find the right size and scale.
(edited 3 years ago)
hey id like some help , ive got a week until my NEA is due eeeerm ....... what do i do
Reply 14
Original post by floppypoo
hey id like some help , ive got a week until my NEA is due eeeerm ....... what do i do

hey,
This thread is 2 years old but anywhoo.

What exam board are you?
What specific area /section do you need help on ?Have you completed and made a final design ?

I'm not sure if your NEA deadline has passed,cuz you mentioned you had a week.

There's stuff like types of questions and common topics for the written AQA exam on this thread.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=729394
(edited 1 year ago)

Latest