The Student Room Group

product design

I'm currently I my first year of sixth form and i'm doing product design as one of my A-levels even though I didn't take it as an GCSE. They let me take it as long as I did some work over the summer holiday to see if I am someone they see capable of taking the subject. However they made me do some stuff like improving an everyday object or writing about a famous designer which I feel like didn't help me prep for product design A-level. I love my class even though they're all boys and I feel like sometimes it a bit embarrassing to ask for help because they did either product design or engineering for GCSE and I didn't so they know a lot and I always get things wrong. I'm only struggling with theory and maths questions because I'm terrible at maths but the practicals are actually quite fun and i'm not as bad at it as exam questions.I've changed my English lit a level to core maths to help me out swell.

But I was wondering what websites and sources can I look at right now since I know absolutely nothing about product design. I'm currently going over the GCSE product design and learning about some things but I just feel like all the websites I look at are unorganised and I don't know what I'm looking at because there's no one to tell me about it and stuff.
CGP do a really good revision guide for GCSE DT and also it is worth noting that a lot of the theory is related to course work such as design process etc. so as you do more practical designing and construction you may understand more of the GCSE DT concept at the very least.
Reply 2
fair enough thank you. ill ask the teacher if they have a CGP book or ill just buy one tbh
Reply 3
Original post by simaabdullah
fair enough thank you. ill ask the teacher if they have a CGP book or ill just buy one tbh

https://technologystudent.com/

You might find the above useful.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
https://technologystudent.com/

You might find the above useful.

i've seen the website before but I never knew the name so thank you for showing it to me again

Quick Reply

Latest