The Student Room Group

Current A-level student who want to resit for a better grade

I want to resit my Maths to boost it from grade 6 to a 7. How would I go about doing this, can I do it privately? Also when are the resit dates. Preferably, I'd rather not take the exam when my A-levels exam dates are too. Anyone here also think it's possible to achieve a 7 or higher with just a month of revision - I don't want to commit too much time.

Any help is appreciated thank you.
Reply 1
It's possible to take Maths in November (entry deadline September) or May/June (entry deadline February). Yes you can do it privately but the simplest and cheapest place to take it would be your current 6th form so ask them first. They may ask you to pay for the exam entry (around £40) but it would be a lot cheaper than being a private candidate elsewhere which is more likely to be £150-200.
Original post by idkwhatodo0
I want to resit my Maths to boost it from grade 6 to a 7. How would I go about doing this, can I do it privately? Also when are the resit dates. Preferably, I'd rather not take the exam when my A-levels exam dates are too. Anyone here also think it's possible to achieve a 7 or higher with just a month of revision - I don't want to commit too much time.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

I suggest you go to see your exams officer (I assume that you are in school). They can let you know if there is an exam timetable clash or not. If you don't want to do it at your own school, there will most likely be a local other school that allows for private candidates.

Quick Reply

Latest