The Student Room Group

Should schools go back after Christmas?

With the new strain of Covid -19 and so many school kids now testing positive would it not be a good idea (for safety sake) to close the schools again? I get it's not what people want but the cases are out of control again and have been rising since the schools went back in September.

I know it's not a popular idea but it may the right decision what do you guys think?
Original post by jonathanemptage
With the new strain of Covid -19 and so many school kids now testing positive would it not be a good idea (for safety sake) to close the schools again? I get it's not what people want but the cases are out of control again and have been rising since the schools went back in September.

I know it's not a popular idea but it may the right decision what do you guys think?

Personally I think they shouldn’t. Schools and other education are only staying open to feed the economy at this point and the government needs to acknowledge that it’s not morally right to sacrifice children for it.

That being said I understand a lot of parents wouldn’t be able to work if their children weren’t in school so personally I think school should not be mandatory and colleges and uni should be online only unless that class is practical
Original post by jonathanemptage

No, none would wear masks anyways. People in my school just smoke in the toilets (they are S3) and throw pizza boxes in the sink. Online classes are better for this pandemic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending