The Student Room Group

GYG Asks... What will you be doing over the holidays?

Hi everyone :wavey:

The term is almost over and it feels like it's been a bit of whirlwind! :eek3: So many of you have started GYG blogs and been super dedicated to your studies but the holidays are almost here and it's time to insert a bit of work/ life balance :ssaw:

My main plan for the holidays is to stay in my pajamas for three days straight and eat my body weight in walnut whips :biggrin:

What will you all be doing over the break? How will you be relaxing? Anything you're especially looking forward to?

Don't forget we also have a whole Christmas Grotto section of TSR for those of you who just can't get enough festive cheer! :merry:

Grow Your Grades

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Reply 1
Going to Germany to see family
Revising for Feb mocks :smile:
Reply 3
Revising after seeing my mock grades ☹️
Seeing family
Finishing a report I need to do for uni, and a dissertation PowerPoint I need to do :yikes:

- watching obsessing over the new Percy Jackson tv show
- watching Doctor who christmas special (balance has been restored in the universe, bc it isn't christmas without it)
- hopefully seeing a pantomime at some point
- seeing some family friends who I've not seen in a while
- general christmas activities :smile: :xmas:
(edited 4 months ago)
Bingeing Christmas movies and eating too much
Now that mocks are done I’ve decided not to do any revision until the new year but I do need to practice some cooking for my food exam but I find cooking fun so it’s going to be a chill two and a half weeks
Original post by Pwca

The term is almost over and it feels like it's been a bit of whirlwind! :eek3: So many of you have started GYG blogs and been super dedicated to your studies but the holidays are almost here and it's time to insert a bit of work/ life balance :ssaw:

My main plan for the holidays is to stay in my pajamas for three days straight and eat my body weight in walnut whips :biggrin:

What will you all be doing over the break? How will you be relaxing? Anything you're especially looking forward to?

Don't forget we also have a whole Christmas Grotto section of TSR for those of you who just can't get enough festive cheer! :merry:

Grow Your Grades

Sleeping, revising and celebrating my 18th birthday
I'm excited for Christmas and will definitely be going for a few days surviving on chocolate, christmas movies and songs, looking at the christmas tree intensely and not thinking about homework/school
Original post by Pwca

Grow Your Grades

Hey!

I've got some revision to do and I have to do my historiographies for my history NEA and some English lit homework, but I'm planning to spend lots of time relaxing. I'll be seeing my family which I'm looking forward to, but I'm also hoping to pick up some of my hobbies which I've lost to chaotic academic demands - I want to get back into sewing and learning to crochet again (I'm determined I will do it!) but also drawing :smile:

Really looking forward to some chill out time - I'm so tired!
Original post by flowersinmyhair

Sleeping, revising and celebrating my 18th birthday

Wait, when's your birthday? I will be doing the same thing :rofl:
Original post by thrivingfrog
Wait, when's your birthday? I will be doing the same thing :rofl:

Christmas Eve :biggrin:, what about you
Original post by flowersinmyhair

Christmas Eve :biggrin:, what about you

Oooo, mines the 27th!
Chilling, seeing family and my old school friends and finishing off my course
Probably resting for Christmas 🎄
Original post by zeasea
Going to Germany to see family

Safe travels!

@toothysmile and @kitty2005 I hope you get some downtime too!

Original post by Chronoscope
- hopefully seeing a pantomime at some point

Oh no you're not! :biggrin:
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
Hey!

I've got some revision to do and I have to do my historiographies for my history NEA and some English lit homework, but I'm planning to spend lots of time relaxing. I'll be seeing my family which I'm looking forward to, but I'm also hoping to pick up some of my hobbies which I've lost to chaotic academic demands - I want to get back into sewing and learning to crochet again (I'm determined I will do it!) but also drawing :smile:

Really looking forward to some chill out time - I'm so tired!

What's the topic for your history NEA?

Happy birthday @thrivingfrog and @flowersinmyhair!!!
Original post by Pwca
Safe travels!

@toothysmile and @kitty2005 I hope you get some downtime too!

Oh no you're not! :biggrin:

What's the topic for your history NEA?

Happy birthday @thrivingfrog and @flowersinmyhair!!!

My topic is the suffragettes - it's quite hard to find material in some places but I'm really passionate about it so I'm enjoying it a lot :smile:
Original post by Pwca

Grow Your Grades

studying for my first a levels in januaryy :frown:((
sleeping and procastinating lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending