Best GCSE History options?

Watch
AchyutChaudhary
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi all,
Hope you're good, just wanted a bit of advice from you.

I am currently (sought of) a Private candidate student who is self-teaching himself for exams in 2021.
My school does the Edexcel 9-1 course for History GCSE and the following topics:
- Medicine in Britain through time & WW1 Trenches
- Early Elizabethan England
- Cold War
- Weimar & Nazi Germany

For my 2021 exams for a CAG grade, I only have to self-teach myself 2 of the 4 units.
Hence, I just wanted to ask from your experience if you've studied any of these units/ modules, may I know which options do you think will be the best to be able to teach myself (from things like textbooks, revision guides, videos, etc.)?
(i.e. which 2 topics you think would be the most-manageable & least requires classroom teaching)?

Thank you
WiseGalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
The easiest I found learning was the medicine one
My friend did Cold War and that was her personal favourite.
Weimar and Nazi Germany I got the highest mark in for my gcse. But it’s probs coz I revised a lot more for it
And the early Elizabethan England I very much struggled and put in the least effort 😂

I’m doing a level history now and I’m in year 13 and oh boy it’s stressful

Probably do the medicine one and Nazi Weimar Germany. I learnt those two units much quickly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.54%
Note taking apps (6)
2.44%
Flashcards (48)
19.51%
Revision guides (15)
6.1%
Past papers (116)
47.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.25%

Watched Threads