The Student Room Group

Evaluating my A-level Choices

So I'm in Year 11 and have to pick my subject choices this week. I'm interested in studying PPE or a similar degree, hopefully at LSE or Oxford. So far I have already selected Maths, Economics and Politics, but I don't know what to take for my last subject. I've heard that chemistry would be a good technical complement to my other essay-writing subjects, however, history is also a common subject that people applying for PPE have. I'm currently at a 9 level for both, so what would be the best option for my last choice? Or should I remove politics completely and have both history and chemistry in there instead?
Original post by Tawfiq-Aziz
So I'm in Year 11 and have to pick my subject choices this week. I'm interested in studying PPE or a similar degree, hopefully at LSE or Oxford. So far I have already selected Maths, Economics and Politics, but I don't know what to take for my last subject. I've heard that chemistry would be a good technical complement to my other essay-writing subjects, however, history is also a common subject that people applying for PPE have. I'm currently at a 9 level for both, so what would be the best option for my last choice? Or should I remove politics completely and have both history and chemistry in there instead?

I would take history as I think it is recommended for a ppe degree
Original post by Anonymous 543
I would take history as I think it is recommended for a ppe degree

agreed ^
Reply 3
Hi, not sure how much help this is but id say history, I’m currently in year 12 aiming for economics not PPE so a bit different but I take maths economics and chemistry but id say go for either history or politics as I often find I’ve wasted an option in a way as I couldn’t pick between economics and chem degrees and most people I know do history and economics
Good luck in your GCSE’s!
Reply 4
Original post by lola028
Hi, not sure how much help this is but id say history, I’m currently in year 12 aiming for economics not PPE so a bit different but I take maths economics and chemistry but id say go for either history or politics as I often find I’ve wasted an option in a way as I couldn’t pick between economics and chem degrees and most people I know do history and economics
Good luck in your GCSE’s!
Thank you very much, and good luck to you too!
Reply 5
I want to study Economics and Management and I'm taking Maths, FM, Economics and History. I think they're fairly similar courses...

Quick Reply

Latest