Biology 9
Chemistry 7
Physics 8
French 8
Geography 9
History 9
Business 9
R.E 9

I'm now studying History, English literature and history at A levels hoping to achieve at least 2 A's and and A*

what do you think would be the best way to study law from here? And are my grades good enough for a Russell group University so far?

Any other advice to get into law is much appreciated to thank you in advance for your help.
Original post by Student12vnf
I'm a Year 12 student and have received the following GCSE grades

Maths 7
English lit/lang 8
Biology 9
Chemistry 7
Physics 8
French 8
Geography 9
History 9
Business 9
R.E 9

I'm now studying History, English literature and history at A levels hoping to achieve at least 2 A's and and A*

what do you think would be the best way to study law from here? And are my grades good enough for a Russell group University so far?

Any other advice to get into law is much appreciated to thank you in advance for your help.

Hi there

Those are really good GCSE grades, congratulations! :smile:

I think having History and English literature will give you really good foundations for entering a law career. Focus on achieving good grades in these and it will support any future applications.

For pursuing a law career, you could either look at applying for apprenticeships at law firms, or going to University and studying a law degree. (For Russel Group Universities, I would recommend checking out their entry requirements on their websites.)

In addition to academic grades, I would recommend trying to look for legal work experience. (this is difficult to find, but any form of work experience should have transferrable skills that can be used in a law degree.) Good luck with A levels!

Hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Student12vnf
I'm a Year 12 student and have received the following GCSE grades

Maths 7
English lit/lang 8
Biology 9
Chemistry 7
Physics 8
French 8
Geography 9
History 9
Business 9
R.E 9

Hi @Student12vnf!

Firstly, congratulations on your recent GCSE results!

It looks like you are well on your way to pursuing a career in law. Many individuals find the studying of history and English Lit at A level really useful when tackling legal studies as they draw upon many of the same skills so hopefully should provide you with a strong foundation when looking forward. There is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be able to study at a RG university with these grades but it is important to acknowledge there are many different routes to practicing law in the UK and which one you decide to do really is up to you.
You could do the traditional route of studying a LLB (a law undergraduate degree) straight after A levels. If you are really set on becoming a lawyer and studying law then this could be a great option for you! Or, you could look at doing an apprenticeship which would involve you working alongside your studies (again, a great option if you want to go straight into law and maybe do not want the debt or the experience that university provides). Finally, you could do a undergraduate degree in any subject you wish and then do a law conversion afterwards. I did my undergrad in English Lit before moving to the conversion because I wasn't as interested in legal studies but knew I wanted to be a lawyer. Of course, this adds an additional year to your studies but nearly half of practicing lawyers have done a conversion so it is a very common route.

I would recommend researching all three different paths to be able to make the best decision for you :smile:

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie
Reply 3
Original post by University of Kent
Hi there

Those are really good GCSE grades, congratulations! :smile:

I think having History and English literature will give you really good foundations for entering a law career. Focus on achieving good grades in these and it will support any future applications.

For pursuing a law career, you could either look at applying for apprenticeships at law firms, or going to University and studying a law degree. (For Russel Group Universities, I would recommend checking out their entry requirements on their websites.)

In addition to academic grades, I would recommend trying to look for legal work experience. (this is difficult to find, but any form of work experience should have transferrable skills that can be used in a law degree.) Good luck with A levels!

Hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep

Thank you so much, This is vey helpful i will take this into consideration!
Reply 4
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @Student12vnf!

Firstly, congratulations on your recent GCSE results!

It looks like you are well on your way to pursuing a career in law. Many individuals find the studying of history and English Lit at A level really useful when tackling legal studies as they draw upon many of the same skills so hopefully should provide you with a strong foundation when looking forward. There is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be able to study at a RG university with these grades but it is important to acknowledge there are many different routes to practicing law in the UK and which one you decide to do really is up to you.
You could do the traditional route of studying a LLB (a law undergraduate degree) straight after A levels. If you are really set on becoming a lawyer and studying law then this could be a great option for you! Or, you could look at doing an apprenticeship which would involve you working alongside your studies (again, a great option if you want to go straight into law and maybe do not want the debt or the experience that university provides). Finally, you could do a undergraduate degree in any subject you wish and then do a law conversion afterwards. I did my undergrad in English Lit before moving to the conversion because I wasn't as interested in legal studies but knew I wanted to be a lawyer. Of course, this adds an additional year to your studies but nearly half of practicing lawyers have done a conversion so it is a very common route.

I would recommend researching all three different paths to be able to make the best decision for you :smile:

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie

Thank you so much, This is vey helpful i will also take this into consideration!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending