The Student Room Group

Prince Philip has passed away aged 99

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Ah it's sad, however he did get a long and seemingly great life

It's a bit of a contrast to the Queen Mother's life who was widowed at age 51 in 1952 (meaning also the Queen lost her father at that time of whom she was quite close to as well). Yet, the Queen has had Prince Philip all these years

Humour was certainly his strong point, and nodoubt a great treasure in his relationship with the Queen
Reply 81
I feel for the Queen. She's lost the love of her life and her rock. For all his faults, Prince Philip supported her through thick and thin, giving up his name, career and freedoms to be her consort. He knew what it meant to serve Queen and country and had a powerful sense of duty. RIP Prince Philip.
Rest in peace
Absolute hero, and the work he has done for this country should not be forgotten. A monumental loss.
His birth surname was Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.

Try writing that on your average driving license or passport form.
RIP and thoughts for the Queen especially. The Duke of Edinburgh's award scheme will be one of his legacies that benefited a large number of people.
RIP Prince Philip. Thank you for the fond memories of getting lost in various fields in rural Kent on DofE.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Try writing that on your average driving license or passport form.

Let's not go there...
Original post by 04MR17
Let's not go there...

Oh boy.
Original post by The RAR
Is it just me or am I more sad that he didn't reach the 100 years mark? He was literally so close to living to a perfect 100 years

He said in an interview once: 'I can't imagine anything worse' when asked about turning 100
Absolute legend. RIP
Apparently when the Duke of Edinburgh was born, David Lloyd George was Prime Minister. A man who was PM during a global pandemic (and survived the illness) and who was serially unfaithful to his wife. Though at least his hair was neat.
Reply 92
Original post by barnet1471
Apparently when the Duke of Edinburgh was born, David Lloyd George was Prime Minister. A man who was PM during a global pandemic (and survived the illness) and who was serially unfaithful to his wife. Though at least his hair was neat.

and...........
Original post by Euapp
and...........

when the Duke of Edinburgh died, the Prime Minister was one during a global pandemic (having survived the illness) and was serially unfaithful to his wife.
You've got the right name for someone obsessed with another persons hair.🙂
Reply 95
Original post by caravaggio2
You've got the right name for someone obsessed with another persons hair.🙂

🤣🤣
:rip:

Learnt it in the news, wish the bereaved people, so the Roayal family the strength to suffer the loss.
Reply 97
DoE.JPG
3 guesses for "What the Papers say"

Ive often wondered how they get so many documentaries and programmes on hand when a significant person dies. With Philip i suppose its been coming for a while but when a celebrity dies all these documentaries suddenly pop up. I wonder if they are just filmed in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending