The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Is living in Bristol really expensive?

Hi! Recently I have gotten an offer to study BSc Occupational Therapy in UWE. I am wondering what are the living cost in Bristol are. Can any one who live there or study there give me some ideas? I heard people said the cost are rather expensive compared to nearby city, but I couldn't really find any reliable source online. Thank you!
Reply 1
I'm currently studying in Bristol, and I'm from Leicester

No, it's not too expensive. Groceries wise it's about normal, aswell as clubs and all that stuff. Private accommodation for UWE isn't too expensive either, compared to the rest of Bristol, unless you go out of your way to live nearer to UoB campus which is more expensive
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by IC3112
I'm currently studying in Bristol, and I'm from Leicester

No, it's not too expensive. Groceries wise it's about normal, aswell as clubs and all that stuff. Private accommodation for UWE isn't too expensive either, compared to the rest of Bristol, unless you go out of your way to live nearer to UoB campus which is more expensive

Thank you for your reply. Considering you are a current student, roughly how much do you spend in daily expenditure apart from tuition fee? e.g foo, accommodation, entertainment etc. Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by Fat Ham
Thank you for your reply. Considering you are a current student, roughly how much do you spend in daily expenditure apart from tuition fee? e.g foo, accommodation, entertainment etc. Thanks!

So I'm in private accomodation, at £150p/w. I live less than a minute walk from main campus.
I have quite a large diet that not many people would adopt, but the nearby supermarkets are ASDA and Sainsbury's, both less than a 20 min walk from main campus.
Entertainment, honestly depends what you're into, but restarauntwise there are some good, cheaper local places, the nearby cinemas are a touch pricey, and clubs are about what you'd expect. Honestly price wise everything is about what you'd expect, however rent for UoB can be quite high.

If you're wondering about private accommodation for UWE, just go on rightmove, zoopla etc and look at prices for 3-4 bed student flats
Reply 4
Original post by IC3112
So I'm in private accomodation, at £150p/w. I live less than a minute walk from main campus.
I have quite a large diet that not many people would adopt, but the nearby supermarkets are ASDA and Sainsbury's, both less than a 20 min walk from main campus.
Entertainment, honestly depends what you're into, but restarauntwise there are some good, cheaper local places, the nearby cinemas are a touch pricey, and clubs are about what you'd expect. Honestly price wise everything is about what you'd expect, however rent for UoB can be quite high.

If you're wondering about private accommodation for UWE, just go on rightmove, zoopla etc and look at prices for 3-4 bed student flats

Would definitely check on the suggested websites, thanks a lot:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending