The Student Room Group

Medicine at Edinburgh or Bristol?

The deadline for firming is coming up and I'm really struggling to choose between the two to firm, despite having visited both multiple times and trying to do as much research as I can. My main points of contention I guess would be that Edinburgh is a (slightly) nicer city, is more prestigious, and has more prominent drama and music societies (hobbies that I intend to pursue a lot when I'm at uni); BUT Bristol seems a lot friendlier and the course seems more catered toward student enjoyment/understanding rather than just research and independent study. Is this at all true? How can I even start to choose between the two?
Reply 1
Edinburgh.

Nicer city, massive arts scene - and Bristol has an increasing problem with accommodation after your first year, there isnt enough, its a total scramble and its very expensive. Go to Edinburgh!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Teaching at Edinburgh is awful. I can only speak for clinical years(year 4 - 6). It's pretty much all self-directed learning and there's always an issue of professors missing teaching sessions, and administration not organizing sessions properly. Accommodation is also very difficult to get in first year and living in the city is pretty expensive.
(edited 10 months ago)
Moved to med forum, (although OP may have made their choices by now).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending