The Student Room Group

Bristol or queen mary for law?

I have received acceptances from both Bristol and Queen Mary London and I was wondering which college I should choose. In terms of brand reputation, course specific reputation and employment, which college would you deem to better?

I am extremely confused because I had set my mind on Bristol and yet I discovered that Queen Mary had a far better ranking than Bristol on many scales. What is your experience and what perception do you have of both these colleges?
Bristol. The only thing QMUL has over Bristol is it’s in London so a little easier for networking & work experience etc. But it’s really easy to get into London on the train.

Not sure which rankings you’ve been looking at, but while QMUL is reputable, it’s dropped off a bit the last year or so, Bristol is always a consistently strong contender in rankings which is key over a Uni dropping into the top 10 then bombing out again - and some do this.

But you also need to consider which you can see yourself being happy at. I think they’re both expensive to live at post year 1. But London maybe still slightly more, also QMUL isn’t in a great location. The campus is ok but the locality outside isn’t the best. I visited and didn’t like it tbh, but everyone is different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending