The Student Room Group

Pure maths grade boundaries 2018?

Hey guys I’m year 12 and I recently the 2018 math pure paper. I got 53/100. I went to check the grade boundaries but I noticed it was mixed with mechanics and statistics. I know when practicing you should aim for 100%. I am not happy with the mark I got. But I’m just curious if anybody would know what mark would roughly get you an A on a pure paper?
It depends on the exam board you're doing. If you look up your exam board you should be able to find the mark scheme for the paper you did and also the grade boundaries for that paper if it was an AS paper. If it wasn't, look up the AS Maths grade boundaries for 2018. This is the link for Pearson as that's the exam board I did:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1806-a-level-grade-boundaries1.pdf

If you scroll down to maths you'll see 105/160 was needed for an A in 2018, so 66%. Of course, depending on your exam board this may be different.

Remember, maths is all about practice and you will get better the more practice you do so don't be disheartened if you don't get an A right away. Revise the topics you lost the marks on and try another paper in a couple weeks and see how you do!
Reply 2
Original post by Smoky saif
Hey guys I’m year 12 and I recently the 2018 math pure paper. I got 53/100. I went to check the grade boundaries but I noticed it was mixed with mechanics and statistics. I know when practicing you should aim for 100%. I am not happy with the mark I got. But I’m just curious if anybody would know what mark would roughly get you an A on a pure paper?

Generally, I'd reckon around 65-70% would get you an A but it does depend on the grade boundaries. This is for the A2 by the way. AS might be a bit higher.

Quick Reply

Latest