The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

I need to get 2.1 when I graduate. I NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!!

Hello.
I'm a second-year uni student, and I have been getting grades that I don't believe are brilliant as I aim to get a 2.1. My mental health has been playing up and my mental health has affected my grades.
So far I have achieved, 62%, 58%, 55%, 48%, 42% and 40%.
Two more grades are pending at the moment.
In first year, I achieved 40%, 50%, 48%, 49%, , 47%, 55%, 63% and 40%
Bear in mind, 40% is pass.

Is there any chance of achieving a 2.1?
What grades do I need to achieve in the third year to secure a 2.1?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Confusedgirl2021
Hello.
I'm a second year uni student and I have been getting grades that don't believe are brilliant as I'm aiming to get a 2.1. My mental health has been playing up and my mental health have affected my grades.
So far I have achieved, 62%, 58%, 55%, 48%, 42% and 40%.
There are two more grades pending at the moment.
In first year, I achieved 40%, 50%, 48%, 49%, , 47%, 55%, 63% and 40%
Bear in mind, 40% is pass.

Is there any chance in achieving a 2.1

@Confusedgirl2021
Hello! It sounds like you have had a challenging time, have you spoken to student support at your University, they typically offering counselling which may help?

It's difficult to give you a specific answer as it depends on the calculation which give you your final grade. Grades in the first year do not count, and through one mechanism second year grades make up 25% of your final grade, and 75% from the third year. Uni's typically have several ways of awarding a 1st, 2:1, and 2:2 - some would argue to inflate the grades. Check the assessment policy of your institution.

I ended up with a 1st, and started the second year with a 48 and a 42, although it must be said I got thirteen 1's in a row starting half way through the second year.

I'm sure you will do great if you apply yourself

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Internet search gives this:

https://docs.gre.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0027/198117/Academic-Regulations-Taught-Awards-Jun-2020-21-FINALv1.pdf

Your 1st year grades do not count towards your classification. Your second and third year count in a 20:80 ratio.
All of your year 2 modules count, your best 90 credits of third year count.
So presuming that your second year modules are equally weighted and given two 40 % on your remaining modules you will need an average grade of 64ish% in level 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending