The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

2nd year maths student at LSE - ASK ME ANYTHING

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yep

Hi, can you please put a media handle below or pm me, because I can't pm an anonymous address? Thx for helping me btw!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by 4D Chess
My man deadass just responded with "MA100" as if we have any idea what that is :rofl3:

lol

MA100 is Mathematical method
Original post by StarLinyx
Why should one choose LSE over other great universities, such as Edinburgh? With the latter you get a prestigious degree AND a great campus life with Oxbridge-like scenery around you.

Some students prefer LSE because it is the best in economics and finance BSc.
Also, it is London, and some people prefer London.
And it's also a great brand if you want to do banking later or other corporate jobs.
LSE do a mixed maths course right? Maths and Economics?

What sort of modules are you doing? I know we all enjoy the calculus topics (Fourier, several variable, saddle points etc), but do you guys also do things like graph theory, ring/group theory and real analysis? What about stats and physics units?

What type of job you looking to get?

What gcses and A-levels did you get? What were the most important aspects that got your into LSE? I heard LSE was the university which had the most amount of rejected applicants due to how many people apply.

Yes. Mathematics and Economics AND Mathematics with Economics.
Yes we do things like analysis, groups. We can take graph theory is second year. We also do stats but no physics.
What uni is lse?
Some students prefer LSE because it is the best in economics and finance BSc.
Also, it is London, and some people prefer London.
And it's also a great brand if you want to do banking later or other corporate jobs.

LSE is so one dimensional as a place to spend 3 years as an undergraduate. I have never met anyone thus far who enjoyed their time there, and I heard the same things over again - the place is way too small, and the student culture can be competitive and cliquey. I would drop a bit of prestige and choose Edinburgh, Durham or Bristol over LSE for undergraduate studies.
Yep

Could you please link a linkedin below, or an email address?
Reply 27
How much maths is linked to economics?
Reply 28
And how much would you say you studied per day in first year and second year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending