The Student Room Group

medicine application (2024 advice)

hello there! i am planning on applying for medicine 2024 - i don’t have a clue which unis to apply for and this post is very much a spontaneous idea i had at 12 am. with my track record of the ucat i’d probably avoid russel groups.

anyways, i have been rejected from medicine before, mainly because of the ucat. i have 3 A*s for a levels (biology, chemistry and physics) and i have all A*s in GCSEs as well. i’m currently studying biomed at King’s. in terms experience, i have 2 work experiences and a summer medical school that i did the first time round. it all seems alright to me, but if you don’t meet the cut offs, you just get dumped!

i feel like now my biomed degree might make me more considerable, but i’m really not sure. i feel like i need someone to push me in the right direction and basically tell me if all of this is good enough (provided i have a good ucat score of course). honestly, any opinions would be appreciated.

and of course, if you are applying this year, the best of luck! i’m sure you’ll all be amazing doctors one day (:
Original post by sufism
hello there! i am planning on applying for medicine 2024 - i don’t have a clue which unis to apply for and this post is very much a spontaneous idea i had at 12 am. with my track record of the ucat i’d probably avoid russel groups.

anyways, i have been rejected from medicine before, mainly because of the ucat. i have 3 A*s for a levels (biology, chemistry and physics) and i have all A*s in GCSEs as well. i’m currently studying biomed at King’s. in terms experience, i have 2 work experiences and a summer medical school that i did the first time round. it all seems alright to me, but if you don’t meet the cut offs, you just get dumped!

i feel like now my biomed degree might make me more considerable, but i’m really not sure. i feel like i need someone to push me in the right direction and basically tell me if all of this is good enough (provided i have a good ucat score of course). honestly, any opinions would be appreciated.

and of course, if you are applying this year, the best of luck! i’m sure you’ll all be amazing doctors one day (:

Graduate entry route or apply to new unis doing medicine cause they’d have lower entry requirements for Ucat
Original post by sufism

Keele uni for low Ucat too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending