The Student Room Group

Kings gcse grades for dentistry

I am planning on doing dentistry in kings but I am worried about my gcse grades they are:
I got a 6 in bio and English lang and might edit them but I am not to sure if they accepts gcse resits.
Could someone let me know if these grades are good enough?
Thank you
Original post by information_321
I am planning on doing dentistry in kings but I am worried about my gcse grades they are:
I got a 6 in bio and English lang and might edit them but I am not to sure if they accepts gcse resits.
Could someone let me know if these grades are good enough?
Thank you

GCSE resits are accepted for dentistry.
You'll need a very high UCAT score to be interviewed at KCL as they have a 40% weighing for GCSEs. KCL is one of the 2 dental schools which require A*AA for A-levels (the other being QMUL).
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by hungrysalamander
GCSE resits are accepted for dentistry.
You'll need a very high UCAT score to be interviewed at KCL as they have a 40% weighing for GCSEs. KCL is one of the 2 dental schools which require A*AA for A-levels (the other being QMUL).

If I did re did them would it be better? And if I didn’t resit would I still have a pretty good shot at getting an interview, if I had a high Ucat score? Also doing volunteering, and have work experience and also personal hobbies kcl is one of my choices thinking of Bristol and quml aswell . I am very scared because the only people I heard applying had very high grades for gcse and it worried me. Any advice?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by information_321
If I did re did them would it be better? And if I didn’t resit would I still have a pretty good shot at getting an interview, if I had a high Ucat score? Also doing volunteering, and have work experience and also personal hobbies kcl is one of my choices thinking of Bristol and quml aswell . I am very scared because the only people I heard applying had very high grades for gcse and it worried me. Any advice?

Are you sure that you'll have time to resit?
Bristol requires a 7 in maths and 4 in English Language and you need a high UCAT score there as well.
QMUL requires 777666 and use a 50/50 UCAS tariff/UCAT score weighing.
Original post by hungrysalamander
Are you sure that you'll have time to resit?
Bristol requires a 7 in maths and 4 in English Language and you need a high UCAT score there as well.
QMUL requires 777666 and use a 50/50 UCAS tariff/UCAT score weighing.

I just got my gcse results today. And I meet all the gcse requirements for those three unis so I was considering them.Also I can resit English language in November but for biology I have to wait a whole another year I don’t know if it really is necessary because I am taking bio, chemistry and maths in maths and chemistry I got 8’s but bio just didn’t go well. I want to achieve a high ucat score and planning on doing so but will this be enough? Also, thank you for helping me out.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
English language tips

Quick Reply

Latest