King's College London A100 2022 Entry

Watch this thread
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Welcome to the King's College London A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

KCL A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560688

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra.../medicine-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements

KCL A100 / A101 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7195607

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Lovebear2951
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Both excited + scared for the upcoming intake! Good luck to all <333
subhankhan3
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, does Kings accept GCSE English Language re-sits.. I have emailed them as well but have received no response in the last 4 months. I have a level 5 at the moment, but am predicted a level 7, after repeating it..

I have the required A-Level grades and everything else. Please let me know ASAP if anyone knows, as I intend to apply there

Thanks,
Subhan
ecolier
Rep:
(Original post by subhankhan3)
Hi, does Kings accept GCSE English Language re-sits.. I have emailed them as well but have received no response in the last 4 months. I have a level 5 at the moment, but am predicted a level 7, after repeating it..

I have the required A-Level grades and everything else. Please let me know ASAP if anyone knows, as I intend to apply there

Thanks,
Subhan
KCL will score your GCSE subjects so I would avoid if your GCSEs aren't good.

Please post in this thread if you're applying for 2022 entry, and avoid posting in the 2021 applicants' thread as it will take that thread off topic. Your post has been moved here.
subhankhan3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes, but If i resit it I will get a grade 7, which is quite good. Hence, I am asking whether or not they accept gcse resits.. do you know? Thanks,
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

Thanks,
Subhan
they’re probably real busy with 2021 entry students so I think it would be best to wait for your resit result and then email kcl or get your careers advisor etc to email in
ecolier
Rep:
Yes, but If i resit it I will get a grade 7, which is quite good. Hence, I am asking whether or not they accept gcse resits.. do you know? Thanks,
As far as I know, only Birmingham / Nottingham / Lincoln do not accept GCSE retakes. Every other med school is fine with it.
subhankhan3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
As far as I know, only Birmingham / Nottingham / Lincoln do not accept GCSE retakes. Every other med school is fine with it.
Okay, thank you! That’s what I thought as well.. I’ll see if the admissions team at Kings applies, so I can provide evidence to back up our claims
subhankhan3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
they’re probably real busy with 2021 entry students so I think it would be best to wait for your resit result and then email kcl or get your careers advisor etc to email in
Yeah, I agree.. I’ll update here if they do reply!
ecolier
Rep:
(Original post by Scsyk2134)
Hey, can I ask the stats of grad applicants who got interviews with 2:1 classification. I was wondering if they use the degree classification as well when ranking for interviews. I am considering to apply next year and I have 7A*s for GCSEs, AAC a-levels and B for EPQ, and a 2:1 in biomed. I was just wondering if a score of 2800 in ucat would be enough for an interview as a grad with my stats. Thanks
Just like another poster above: Please post in this thread if you're applying for 2022 entry, and avoid posting in the 2021 applicants' thread as it will take that thread off topic. Your post has been moved here.
Maj. Major
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Just like another poster above: Please post in this thread if you're applying for 2022 entry, and avoid posting in the 2021 applicants' thread as it will take that thread off topic. Your post has been moved here.
I'm not a grad applicant to KCL, but am a medical graduate who does a bit of tutoring of applicants as well. Your stats should certainly be good enough for an interview. The only thing I'd be concerned about normally would be the C at A Level (hopefully not in biology or chemistry, although less of a worry if biology due to your undergrad.) King's won't release much UCAT info (see here https://www.kcl.ac.uk/lsm/assets/app...icine-faqs.pdf), but from my own experience and their admissions stats your UCAT is fine. See here for an overview of UCAT scores - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...%20A.xlsx.html

I'd concentrate on narrowing down schools that fit to your strengths (i.e. focus heavily on GCSEs). King's might be a good fit, Edinburgh too. There's a good amount of sites that show overviews of schools and the questions they ask (which normally give you some insight into the type of school that they are). Two examples:

https://www.blackstonetutors.co.uk/m...questions.html
https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...chool/schools/

Hope this helps!
ecolier
Rep:
(Original post by TB1970)
Does Kings consider your GCSE in making offers? Do they also look at your LNAT essay & is 23 an acceptable score to get an offer?
This is the A100 thread (i.e. Medicine), in the Medical Schools forum.

Please look more carefully before making a post!
alihoj
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys, Is there anyone who have gone through the
Sweet122
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Does any one know how I can increase my chances of getting into KCL specifically for medicine ??
Sweet122
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What kind of stats do applicants have ? I really want to get in
Sweet122
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My stats(gap year student)
GCSE 999999886
Alevel-AA*A*(what I’m predicting I will get)-bio,chem,psych
UCAT-???? If I get average would this be okay ?
Work experience-no in person medical related because of COVID
What are my realistic chances of getting in??
Last edited by Sweet122; 1 year ago
ecolier
Rep:
(Original post by Sweet122)
Does any one know how I can increase my chances of getting into KCL specifically for medicine ??
Follow their entry requirements to-a-T? What does it say on their website?

I would assume it's meeting their GCSE requirements (they score your GCSEs), and getting a good enough UCAT score - for an interview.

After that... it's all up to you and your interview performance.
Sweet122
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Follow their entry requirements to-a-T? What does it say on their website?

I would assume it's meeting their GCSE requirements (they score your GCSEs), and getting a good enough UCAT score - for an interview.

After that... it's all up to you and your interview performance.
Okay thank you !!
Sweet122
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amal.al mir)
hi,

I have an offer for both HYMS and Kings, however I can't decide which one to choose, I'd like a bit of advice?
Hey , this may seem like a random Qs but I was wondering what your stats were to get into kings med school. I want to apply for 2022 entry with:

Hopefully-AA*A*
Ucat-what would I need to get ?

I’m taking a gap year btw
ecolier
Rep:
(Original post by Sweet122)
Hey , this may seem like a random Qs but I was wondering what your stats were to get into kings med school. I want to apply for 2022 entry with:

Hopefully-AA*A*
Ucat-what would I need to get ?

I’m taking a gap year btw
A reminder not to post in the 2021 applicants' thread... because it will take that thread (KCL vs another med school) off-topic!

Please post in this thread - which is made for you and your year group.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.03%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.19%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads