The Student Room Group

Best university for sports

Which university is the best for sports?
It depends on the sport. Now, what I know is American sports and not British sports. For American football...probably University or Alabama or Ohio State. Basketball...probably North Carolina, Duke, or Gonzaga. Volleyball...hands down Penn State. And there's others that I'm missing.
Loughborough

Stirling

Plymouth

Nottingham

Sheffield
Original post by 04MR17
Loughborough

Stirling

Plymouth

Nottingham

Sheffield

Original post by Shurmaya909
Which university is the best for sports?

Hi @Shurmaya909

Are you interested in studying sport or doing it outside of your course? Loughborough's 1st in the world for sports courses (QS rankings (2017-21) but there are also plenty of ways to get involved in sport outside your course, either for fun or more seriously. You can continue with a sport you already play or take up something totally new.

I hope that helps - good luck with your research

Roxy :smile:
Original post by Loughborough Postgraduate Study
Hi @Shurmaya909

Are you interested in studying sport or doing it outside of your course? Loughborough's 1st in the world for sports courses (QS rankings (2017-21) but there are also plenty of ways to get involved in sport outside your course, either for fun or more seriously. You can continue with a sport you already play or take up something totally new.

I hope that helps - good luck with your research

Roxy :smile:

There are many great universities who offer some amazing sporting opportunities especially Oxford and Cambridge if you are good at rowing. However, all round I’d have to agree it’s Loughborough for the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest