The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Sport Science at University of Surrey

Hi, I am looking for universities for 2024 to study Sport Science whilst also training swimming competitively. I was looking at the Sport Science modules at the University of Surrey and it looks like there is not too much psychology on the course. As I am thinking of maybe taking a Sport Pschology Masters after, I am wondering if this degree would be useful. Anyone has any feedback please?
Original post by JHCK
Hi, I am looking for universities for 2024 to study Sport Science whilst also training swimming competitively. I was looking at the Sport Science modules at the University of Surrey and it looks like there is not too much psychology on the course. As I am thinking of maybe taking a Sport Pschology Masters after, I am wondering if this degree would be useful. Anyone has any feedback please?

Hello!

I'm glad to hear you are considering studying at the University of Surrey!

The university has a 50 metre, eight-lane, Olympic-standard swimming pool at Surrey Sports Park as well as a swimming society who compete at national championships so Surrey is a great place to train! The Sports and Exercise Science BSc course is currently advertising a compulsory module in second year on the Fundamentals of Sports Psychology, looking at the fundamental ideas and practices of sports psychology, as well as an optional module in final year on the Psychology of Exercise and Health if you want to expand on this. If you wanted to find more information about the psychology aspect of the course feel free to contact the course leader - details can be found here https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/sport-and-exercise-science#structure

Another great thing about the course is that it is accredited by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) and is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), so you will be able to complete nationally recognised gym instructor and personal training qualifications, which could be really helpful when applying for further study or a job.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have further questions :smile:

Best wishes,

Olivia (she/her)
MSc Social Psychology
(edited 10 months ago)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending