The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Good morning,

-Here are the courses I'm taking while surviving on 4hrs on sleep (all IGCSEs, the perils of being an intl student)
=>English Language (already finished with A*)
=>English Litterature
=>History
=>Maths
=>Physics (higher)
=>Biology (higher)
=>Chemistry (higher)

I'm deciding between some extra subjects I want to self-study (either Computer Science or Economics, any suggestions?)
I don't even know how some of you guys are doing 13 subjects
Are there any private students over here? Exam registration is going to be the death of me😥
I like composing music and trashy romance content
Hoping to major in Biochemistry or Biomedicine(Med school is not for me luv)
Hi Guys

Is there a study leave before the GCSE exams. If so, how many weeks do we have to prepare for GCSE, after school days finish.

ram
Original post by BP67
Good morning,

-Here are the courses I'm taking while surviving on 4hrs on sleep (all IGCSEs, the perils of being an intl student)
=>English Language (already finished with A*)
=>English Litterature
=>History
=>Maths
=>Physics (higher)
=>Biology (higher)
=>Chemistry (higher)

I'm deciding between some extra subjects I want to self-study (either Computer Science or Economics, any suggestions?)
I don't even know how some of you guys are doing 13 subjects
Are there any private students over here? Exam registration is going to be the death of me😥
I like composing music and trashy romance content
Hoping to major in Biochemistry or Biomedicine(Med school is not for me luv)

We're a home educating family, so yes my children are private candidates for exams. I know, it costs a fortune!

We're using LearnTec's recorded course for IGCSE Computer Science. Started a few weeks ago and it seems good so far.
Sorry I have no experience with Economics though.
Are you in Y11? If so, better get started on Econ and Computer Science quick if you’re taking them this year, lots of content to learn! - econ student
Original post by nikkiblonsky
:banana: :afraid: :banana:YR 11 CHAT THREAD-2021-2022:banana: :afraid: :banana:

ahhhhh we made it besties, we're at our final yr of secondary school, how is everybody feeling? Talk about revision , share tears together as we prepare for our GCSES (vomits)

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :burnout:

honestly though guys we have got this, and we are gonna all ace our gcses, final year of school guys lets do this!!!

also , do u think you'lll miss secondary school? :creep:

- ****Introduce yourself*****
:angelwings:
- What subjects are you doing and on which exam board?
:angelwings:- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
:angelwings:- What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
:angelwings:- Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
:angelwings:- Share your top revision technique

Oh man! I'm a bit late for the gig! :biggrin:

Haiii! I'm Elodie but yall can call me Agent because it's easier to remember haha XD

:woo:

My GCSEs are below:

English Lit - Edexcel
English Lang - Edexcel
Maths Higher - Edexcel
Triple Science - AQA
Spanish Higher - Edexcel
Chinese (Mandarin) Higher - Edexcel
History - Edexcel
Geography - AQA
Music - Edexcel
Religious Studies - AQA

Extra stuff:
Level 2 Further Maths - AQA
Level 3 Algebra - Edexcel
Level 3 Statistics - Edexcel

Uh- In my spare time, I like to read and write fanfics - or read manhwas and DC comics - or alternatively I binge anime but I haven't done that in a long time! Music is also super key to me, I can spend hours just listening to music and nothing else - and spend hours in student rooms too! :erm:

I'm aiming for either nines or eights as my parents would like me to try and get a scholarship for some private sixth forms as my older brother managed to get a full scholarship into one! (although I'm doubtful of my own abilities because I am not very good at focusing and studying)

I have no idea for what I'd like to do, to be honest, I'd like to study biology, chemistry and double maths at college if possible, but I'm not exactly a fan of the medicine course or biochem course, but we'll just have to see where we go I suppose! :cool:

I have no revision tips, literally, my revision consists of me screaming and crying at my non-existent notes while I regret sleeping in class. :dontknow:I usually just pray and hope for the best.

Anyway, let's all give our best shot this year! :party:
Reply 65
whats u guy's favourite pen? i kinda like the papermate ink joy bc its reliable but like love heavy pens just never actually use them bc too scared.
Hey guys - I’m Icosagon!

:burnout:What subjects are you doing and on which exam board?
WJEC Eduqas English Lit + Lang
Edexcel Maths
AQA German
OCR Triple Science
AQA Art Textiles
OCR Food Preparation and Nutrition
Edexcel B Geography

:burnout:What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I swear I don’t have any spare time anymore but I like(d) to mess around with video editing software, read cookbooks and listen to music!

:burnout:What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
I’d be chuffed with 8s and 9s but I know I’ve got to work extremely hard for that. Lockdown made me hibernate into a lazy cave of procrastination and I haven’t quite come out yet, and as a result, I didn’t do too well in my year 10 mocks.

:burnout:Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
Most probably sixth form, but I’m not very sure about after that. I’ve got some fragmented plans, but we’ll see where life takes me :biggrin:

:burnout:Share your top revision technique!
I like making posters to visualise concepts I can’t quite grasp with just words!

Original post by cbrr
whats u guy's favourite pen? i kinda like the papermate ink joy bc its reliable but like love heavy pens just never actually use them bc too scared.

Yas papermate ink joys are so good! I like gel pens as well but they tend to smudge a lot. Do you like fountain pens?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cbrr

omg yesss I always make sure I use them in exams bc they never seem to run out
GUYSSSS IM SO HAPPY
I've literally just finished all of my summer hmwk WOOP
Now I only have 5 days of freedom before back to school oop:s-smilie:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by yay_lilia
GUYSSSS IM SO HAPPY
I've literally just finished all of my summer hmwk WOOP
Now I only have 5 days of freedom before back to school oop:s-smilie:

I’m back tomorrow 😟

ahhhhh we made it besties, we're at our final yr of secondary school, how is everybody feeling? Talk about revision , share tears together as we prepare for our GCSES (vomits)

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :burnout:

honestly though guys we have got this, and we are gonna all ace our gcses, final year of school guys lets do this!!!

wooooooooooooo lets go :ymca: :dance:

> oki im sky hehe girl
> art food history and ict havent got a clue tbh
> reading drawing listeing to music watching films tsr hehe
> some 5s mostly 6s and a 7
> sixth form
> notesssssssss
HelllooooPhysics AQAChemistry AQABiology AQASpanish AQAIT OCR Cambridge nationalsHistory EdexcelMaths Edexcel HigherEnglish AQAI enjoy reading, doing some crafts and watching video essays. For the end of the year id like to get 7s and 8s and mostly a 9 for spanish since I'm a native speaker.After year 11 I'd like to do politics and spanish for sixth form not so sure about the other subject choices.Anki flashcards
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, I'm Red!

Subjects I'm taking:
AQA English Lit (Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol, power and conflict poetry)

AQA English Lang

Edexcel Maths

AQA Biology

AQA Chemistry

AQA Physics

Edexcel Religious Studies A (Catholic Christianity, Judaism, Philosophy and Ethics)

Edexcel History (Conflict in the Middle East (who even does this???), Medicine Through Time, King Richard and King John, and Weimar and Nazi Germany)

AQA Sociology

AQA Level 2 FSMQ

My hobbies include not getting enough sleep, scrolling social media, watching youtube, writing lists, reading (occasionally lol), and listening to music. I'm also slowly teaching myself Korean, and I eventually want to pick up Spanish again and learn Russian (I can speak some of it albeit really poorly). This year I'm going to join my school's debate club and any other clubs which seem interesting, but my school has a really limited selection so I might have to look in other places. We'll see how that turns out.

By the end of the year, I'm aiming for 9s in English Lit, English Lang, History, Sociology, and Biology, 8s in Maths, Chemistry, and Physics, and 7s in RE and the FSMQ. Some of it sounds ambitious to me but I think I can put the work in and succeed. I got lower grades than expected in my mocks (7s in sciences, 4 in RE lol, but that's not because the content was hard. I just hated the subject and spent half the RE exam staring at the clock bored out of my mind). After my mocks I kind of woke up and decided to work hard over the summer because it's not too difficult and I really let myself down by not trying.

Next year I want to go to sixth form, ideally at my school's or some really good ones further away. I have no idea what I really want to do for A Levels anymore after so many years of being certain. The only subject I know I want to do is History. After sixth form, I think I want to go to uni, or at least apply to Oxford and some London universities, no idea for which subject yet (probably History if I had to guess although I've been doing more research and there are some cool courses out there).

My top revision technique would be to try to enjoy the subject that you're doing. If all you can think about is how much you hate it and how boring it is, chances are you're not going to get far and do effective revision, or you'll just give up. Make a list of reasons why the subject could be interesting to you, and why you want to revise it. Then read it over whenever you're getting demotivated. Hope this helps someone!

I'm excited and nervous for this year. Things are going to be changing a lot, so I'm glad to have somewhere to talk about it.
Reply 73
Original post by Icosagon
Yas papermate ink joys are so good! I like gel pens as well but they tend to smudge a lot. Do you like fountain pens?

I love fountain pens but they just aren't for writing normal stuff tbh, like they bleed a lot with everything, and gel pens? omg yes they're so fun and smooth.
Reply 74
omg yesss I always make sure I use them in exams bc they never seem to run out

YES I had two for my mocks just in case, but deep down I knew one would be perfect. I loveeeee themmmmmm!
Original post by lowkey_s26
I’m back tomorrow 😟

omg good luckkk
loool just realised you meant today
well i hope it went good :smile:
omg good luckkk
loool just realised you meant today
well i hope it went good :smile:

Aw thank you! It was good but the pressure was… unreal
Hi!! I'm Leigh.

I'm taking:
History,
Drama,
English lit,
English lang,
Combined science,
Spanish,
Health and social care,
Maths.
I have no idea for the exam bored honestly but mainly AQA and OCR.

I don't really have any hobbies which is kind of sad but eh. Maybe procrastinating against all homework. AKA the English lit speech I have to perform Monday.
I'm hoping for mainly 7-9's, but this does not include Science and Spanish lmaooo.
All I'm trying to do now is desperately not think about the fact that I have mocks in November. However, I am planning on on taking History, English lit and maybe health and social care for A levels- all of which I've achieved 7's and above (all level 2 distinction* in H&S!!) which makes me a little less worried (:

Hi, I don't think I'll miss secondary school but it's weird we only have 1 year left!

My subjects:

Maths (Edexcel)
English Lang (AQA)
English Lit (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Geography (AQA)
French (Edexcel)
German (Edexcel)
RE (AQA)

I love reading and walking but I'll do pretty much anything! :smile: I'm aiming for 8s and 9s but tbh who knows how it's gonna go this year??! I want to go into surgery, so a future of exams ahead of me :frown: but oh welll. Top revision technique: seneca, honestly most useful thing in my life! So that's pretty much it! :biggrin:
Original post by lowkey_s26
Aw thank you! It was good but the pressure was… unreal

Oh no!
I'm hoping that the teachers wont be as strict for the first few days because were getting back into things but because its y11 i highly doubt that :frown:

Latest