The Student Room Group

Squid game

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thought it was a bit ****. The games were boring, the police storyline twist was dull and the acting, especially from the main character and girl who had sex, was diabolical at best.
Original post by JVM2020
I will be on episode 5 tonight

ep 6 u cry
Original post by Reue
Good series. Would have preferred it to be longer with more games and not have bothered with the undercover police sub-plot which didnt really add anything. The ending was a bit disappointing, the twist didn't make much sense and we learnt very little of the people running/watching the games.

I agree with this. Unless there's some metaphor I'm missing the police officer sub-plot was only there to add to the drama for no reason, though it could be relevant in a season 2.
Reply 23
Original post by Theloniouss
I agree with this. Unless there's some metaphor I'm missing the police officer sub-plot was only there to add to the drama for no reason, though it could be relevant in a season 2.

I kept thinking perhaps we were going to see some insight into the guards. It looked like they are just as much prisoners as the competitors but the series just never really explored that any further. A wasted opportunity.
Reply 24
So much potential to be even better but still very good

Also if you’re younger than 15 and you’ve watched it you have bad parents
Original post by Reue
I kept thinking perhaps we were going to see some insight into the guards. It looked like they are just as much prisoners as the competitors but the series just never really explored that any further. A wasted opportunity.

The guards are slaves

Can't take their masks off or it is death
Original post by Reue

Yeah, that's true.

Spoiler

Reply 27
Original post by JVM2020
The guards are slaves

Can't take their masks off or it is death

Well obviously..

I kept thinking perhaps we were going to see some insight into the guards* beyond touching the total surface.
Original post by Reue
Well obviously..

I kept thinking perhaps we were going to see some insight into the guards* beyond touching the total surface.

Now on Episode 6. Will try and finish it off tonight if I can
Original post by JVM2020
Now on Episode 6. Will try and finish it off tonight if I can

Banger Episode, watch all in one go :smile:
Original post by Anom-007
Banger Episode, watch all in one go :smile:

I did it!

I watched all of Season 1. Done it!

There are talks of a Season 2. Season 2 will be worth it.
Season 2 I believe has been confirmed
The director I think wants hopscotch to be one of the games so 😁😁😁
Original post by unique_polarizer
Season 2 I believe has been confirmed
The director I think wants hopscotch to be one of the games so 😁😁😁

It will be a deadly version of Hopscotch :biggrin:
Its great

Quick Reply

Latest