The Student Room Group

Foreign Qualified Lawyer with 2:2

Got a 2:2 in my undergrad from a London uni and qualified in my home country in Asia (one of the top hubs). Will be taking the SQE and looking to relocate as my fiancé is moving. Currently working as a legal counsel at a local bank (1 year in following 2 year TC), what are my odds of finding perhaps an NQ role at a firm or legal counsel role in London? Worried for my job prospects.
Original post by huammm
Got a 2:2 in my undergrad from a London uni and qualified in my home country in Asia (one of the top hubs). Will be taking the SQE and looking to relocate as my fiancé is moving. Currently working as a legal counsel at a local bank (1 year in following 2 year TC), what are my odds of finding perhaps an NQ role at a firm or legal counsel role in London? Worried for my job prospects.

Just start applying and see what people tell you. It's going to come down to the types of firms you want to work at, the specific practice area, and where exactly you're from.
I wouldn’t worry about it. It sounds like you’ve got some solid experience under your belt.

Some people are graduating from bottom-ranked universities (albeit with a 2.1 and no prior legal experience) and are AMA gong to secure TCs at magic circle firms, so I think you should be able to get a NQ position at a decent London firm.

I know two people with 2.2s who work at Eversheds and White & Case respectively.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending