The Student Room Group

IAL Mathematics October 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by RaveenFernando
Well done man! 😁 What were you're FM units? When did you write them?

I did P1-4, M1-2, FP1-2, S1 in Jan 2021. Scored 96/100 in P1 and 100/100 in the rest. Was meant to do FP3, M3 and S2 in May/June, but exams were cancelled. So I’m doing FP3, M3 and S2 now. What about you?
How was FP3?
Reply 162
Original post by RaveenFernando
How was FP3?

Easier than most papers ngl. The only part I think I messed up was the volume of the tetrahedron. How did you do that part? Given that the volume was 50 under the matrix M.
Did anyone do economics unit 4 today?
Was t = 320ln7 in Q9 for anyone? Also wtf was question 6, I got 452
Original post by Pistas
Was t = 320ln7 in Q9 for anyone? Also wtf was question 6, I got 452

Don't remember most of the answers, but how did you find the paper overall? There were some really sussy questions
Original post by ahmadu226
Don't remember most of the answers, but how did you find the paper overall? There were some really sussy questions

Personally, I think I did Q6 wrong which was worth of 7 marks unfortunately. I couldnt do Q9, A which was worth 4 marks. I knew how to do the 2 mark range question but for some reason, I left it for the end & then I forgot :frown:
Original post by Pistas
Personally, I think I did Q6 wrong which was worth of 7 marks unfortunately. I couldnt do Q9, A which was worth 4 marks. I knew how to do the 2 mark range question but for some reason, I left it for the end & then I forgot :frown:

Its okay, I had the exact same problems in those questions as well, although I was able to complete it, im pretty sure I wrote the answer wrong in some of the parts.
Its okay, I had the exact same problems in those questions as well, although I was able to complete it, im pretty sure I wrote the answer wrong in some of the parts.

Yeah for me this was a retake, I took it in the hopes of getting 91 & thus an A* in maths, but it's all gone :frown:
As far as I can remember Q6 was integral of 16sin2x divided by u, which was 3 + 4sinx?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Pistas
As far as I can remember Q6 was integral of 16sin2x divided by u, which was 3 + 4sinx?

Apologies for the late reply, I was exhausted, yes thats correct.

Original post by Pistas
Yeah for me this was a retake, I took it in the hopes of getting 91 & thus an A* in maths, but it's all gone :frown:

Don't stress over it too much my guy, hopefully the grade boundaries are low as it seems like we both faulted in much of the same questions, you did good ❤️
Apologies for the late reply, I was exhausted, yes thats correct.

Don't stress over it too much my guy, hopefully the grade boundaries are low as it seems like we both faulted in much of the same questions, you did good ❤️

You're so sweet, thanks! :smile:
Somebody told me it was 16sin^2(2x) in numerator? I'm not sure anymore
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Pistas
You're so sweet, thanks! :smile:
Somebody told me it was 16sin^2(2x) in numerator? I'm not sure anymore

Yeah it like expanded into 2sinxcosx and when substituting the dx value after differentiating the u value, the cosx just disappears due to differentiation being cosx or something
Yeah it like expanded into 2sinxcosx and when substituting the dx value after differentiating the u value, the cosx just disappears due to differentiation being cosx or something

I remember the same, thank you so much
Guys I've a question. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I was wondering if it's possible to do M1 & M2 without any physics background? Would it be harder?
Original post by Pistas
Guys I've a question. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I was wondering if it's possible to do M1 & M2 without any physics background? Would it be harder?

A lot of people do, particularly those doing Further Maths. As long as you have a good teacher, you'll be fine.
Reply 176
Original post by Pistas

some topics like moment and energy overlap which may make it easier if you had physics but I cant imagine why you cant learn it in m1 and m2. not that much difference as the question formats are usually different .
Guys have you done s3 today? How did tou find it?
Reply 178
Original post by Pistas

I learned M1-3 to learn physics lol. I didn’t learn physics to do M1-3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending