The Student Room Group

TMUA 2023 date?

Just wondering when the date will be out for the TMUA test this year (or, alternatively, when the date was released last year). I am thinking of applying to Cambridge for Computer Science this year (for entry in 2024).
I am away on holiday in the middle of October (when it was last year), so I am really worried I will be away for the test day this year, and if I was, what could I do about it?
Also, I read about it being withdrawn, but I am under the impression that I will still have to take it (?)
Original post by emkelt
Just wondering when the date will be out for the TMUA test this year (or, alternatively, when the date was released last year). I am thinking of applying to Cambridge for Computer Science this year (for entry in 2024).
I am away on holiday in the middle of October (when it was last year), so I am really worried I will be away for the test day this year, and if I was, what could I do about it?
Also, I read about it being withdrawn, but I am under the impression that I will still have to take it (?)

As of 24 May 2022 the main TUMA page at https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/test-of-mathematics-for-university-admission/dates-and-costs/ was still proving details of the 4 November 2021 assessment.

Looking at the prior year, as of 7 May 2021, the same page was still saying, "The dates and costs for TMUA 2021 will be available soon. Please check back for updates."

So, based on the last two years, you'll need to wait until at least May before the date is announced. :frown:

I suggest you start looking here to see if there's exam centre near wherever you'll be on holiday - just in case.

As for the exam being with withdrawn, you are correct. This year (for 2024 entrants, such as yourself) is the last year that it will run. The official announcement is here.
Guys how much is the TMUA costing you guys to do at your school? At my school it costs £120, whereas my friends going to different schools have to pay £78 and £103. Is this normal?? Is it possible for me to just do it at a different school or something ;-;
Reply 3
Original post by missling40
Guys how much is the TMUA costing you guys to do at your school? At my school it costs £120, whereas my friends going to different schools have to pay £78 and £103. Is this normal?? Is it possible for me to just do it at a different school or something ;-;

£78 for me. yeah it’s normal. They can charge an administrative fee. Discuss with your school about it but it should be possible for you to do it at another school! i’m the only one doing it at mine so i’ll probably be in a cupboard somewhere…
For a quick moment a few weeks ago I was going to do it in new york, but that would have been like $200!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending