The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TK
yeh :biggrin: that's where it is :biggrin:

*suddenly feels very chuffed*
YEAH :biggrin: (only because my bf lodges with some people who work at Gatwick :redface: )
Reply 21
TK
OP
SamTheMan
2nd airport in London isn't it?

Yeh it's dumb calling it LONDON Gatwick though, coz it's not THAT near London. 45 mins on trian to London Bridge/Victoria :smile:
My aunt can almost read the plane logo on the tail the planes fly over her house so close to the airport, we always leave our car at her house and get a cab from there 'cause it's cheaper when we go away :biggrin: lol.

She lives in Horley, so it's near there somewhere :biggrin:
Reply 23
its the third biggest airport in the UK so yes I have heared of it :smile:.
amazingtrade
its the third biggest airport in the UK so yes I have heared of it :smile:.

I know that Heathrow's the first, but what's the second then? I thought it was Gatwick?
Reply 25
I suspect Manchester is second if it isn't gatwick.
Reply 26
Yep since the new Runway was opened a couple of years ago Manchester became the second biggest, Gatwick used to be the second. Manchester has thrree terminals/runways now and starts in Wythenshawe and ends in deepest Cheshire (Wilsmslow).
Aaah, I see :biggrin:
Reply 28
TK
OP
amazingtrade
Yep since the new Runway was opened a couple of years ago Manchester became the second biggest, Gatwick used to be the second. Manchester has thrree terminals/runways now and starts in Wythenshawe and ends in deepest Cheshire (Wilsmslow).

oooooooooooooh. i hope gatwick doesn't get anymore runways :smile:
I hope so too. I think the sky is waaaaaaaaay too crowded enough as it is without having more planes up there!

Heathrow having 5 terminals should surely suffice?! :confused:
Reply 30
amazingtrade

holy crap it's huge
Reply 31
Stansted r0x waaaay better than Gatwick :biggrin: Luton...Heathrow...lots of choice :smile:
Reply 32
has anybody spent a day charles de gaulle? i couldn't get over how ridiculously big it was
Reply 33
I notice a lot more planes now than I used to do and I live 6 miles from the start of the airport and probably 10 miles form some of the runways.They have expanded Liverpool airport because they realise there is no way they can expand on Manchester unless they knock Wilsmlow down, and with the average home in Wilsmlow costing about £1 million it would be expense to knock that place down!
Reply 34
TK
OP
glance
Stansted r0x waaaay better than Gatwick :biggrin: Luton...Heathrow...lots of choice :smile:

Stansted is a DUMP :biggrin:
Reply 35
blissy
Isn't Gatwick airport south of Croydon/Redhill/Reigate? *very sketchy picture of a map popping into mind*

Here's a very sketchy map, popping into your mind...
Reply 36
fishpaste
has anybody spent a day charles de gaulle? i couldn't get over how ridiculously big it was

No never been, I am sure I have been near it though, I've been to Paris Nord station which seemed quite tiny considering its the main trains station in Paris.
Reply 37
TK
OP
Dr_Death
Here's a very sketchy map, popping into your mind...

awwww my home :bawling: :biggrin:
Reply 38
TK

No, Luton is a dump! :smile:
TK

rofl - *agrees*. 'London Stanstead' is a liiiiiiiie! it's 15million miles from London, which is why all the hijackers are diverted to land there, 'cause it's miles from anything and a right cackhole anyway! :biggrin:

Edit: Although, saying that - London City airport is a bit of a dump too!

Latest

Trending

Trending