The Student Room Group

help me with this airport problem

hi there,
i have booked a travel trip for me, my sister and my mum to malaga.
my mums car gets picked up at 4:30 am for the short stay at london stansted through ryannair
my flight is at 6:30 am and this is all perfectly fine on the friday. however, returning is the problem on the sunday because we will arrive at london stansted at 9:30 from the plane but the car needs to be picked up at 9:30.
what do i do? would the car get a parking ticket ? ive never done any of this before and feel
stupid. would it get towed away? my anxiety is really bad as my mum wont be happy.
anyone know????
Call the company and see if you can extend the parking ticket, usually being late by 10-15 mins to pick up won't get your car towed/fined, most car park companies are very understanding, they know travelling is stressful mistakes and delays do happen, don't worry and call them up!!!
Original post by toothysmile
Call the company and see if you can extend the parking ticket, usually being late by 10-15 mins to pick up won't get your car towed/fined, most car park companies are very understanding, they know travelling is stressful mistakes and delays do happen, don't worry and call them up!!!

thanks so much!!! i should’ve checked lol silly me. it’s in November so i have a while but should i phone them this week to get it over and done with?
on my email it says Please note: Your booking through Ryanair cannot be amended or cancelled“
this is for the short stay parking. so it looks like i can’t change it but surely they’d allow an extension and im happy to pay for that
Phone whoever you are bought off

Fir me, at Gatwick, if you overran they just charged you an extra day fir the shortstay on the credit card (£40)
Original post by Johnny Valentine
Phone whoever you are bought off

Fir me, at Gatwick, if you overran they just charged you an extra day fir the shortstay on the credit card (£40)

so they can make me pay? idm if that happens as long as it doesn’t get taken away or anything but on my email it says : Please note: Your booking through Ryanair cannot be amended or cancelled

so i can’t change it ? maybe i could aak for an extension and pay ??
Original post by alevelstudent090
so they can make me pay? idm if that happens as long as it doesn’t get taken away or anything but on my email it says : Please note: Your booking through Ryanair cannot be amended or cancelled

so i can’t change it ? maybe i could aak for an extension and pay ??

Get it done asap, it probs won't allow you to extend it by 10 days or move the date but being late by 20 mins is fine
Original post by toothysmile
Get it done asap, it probs won't allow you to extend it by 10 days or move the date but being late by 20 mins is fine

yeah that is perfect. hopefully it works! thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending