The Student Room Group

LPC Options?? Help!

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody who’s done the LPC at ULaw would be able to help suggest possible options. I’m thinking of doing Advanced Criminal and Family for sure but I don’t know what else to pick which isn’t too heavy content wise?

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you 😊
Depends which kind of firm you want afterwards. There will standard business law options big firms require their sponsored trainees to do. Then commercial law options those wanting to do business law will do and finally there will be high street firm options such as the ones you mention. Perhaps decide what kind of law you want to work in and go from there.
They are all kinda heavy on the content imo.
I did advanced criminal, employment, immigration and family and the lightest of those was family. However, I wouldn’t say that distinction was vast. I agree with choose as per future direction or pick what you enjoy because when I got my Tc they weren’t really too fussed about what electives I did. Having said that, some firms (especially more corporate/commercial ones) do express preferences.
Reply 3
As posted above it depends on what area of law you're wanting to go into. I did Advanced Crim and Family and found them both to be enjoyable. But my intention was always to go into related areas of law.

I wouldn't choose electives based on what is easier or lighter in content. Choose what interests you and would benefit your career path.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending