The Student Room Group

Law graduate applying for Civil Service fast stream

I am a law graduate who has also completed the LPC LLM, but it has been quite challenging for me to secure a training contract due to the intense competition in the field.

I'm contemplating whether to apply for the Civil Service fast stream programme. I have some reservations because it has a longer duration compared to a training contract, and upon completion, I won't be a qualified solicitor. However, I am leaning towards giving it a try, as I can always apply for a training contract or pursue my dream of becoming a solicitor after the fast stream programme. Time is of the essence since I am currently 26 years old, and the option to qualify using the LPC route may soon expire. I'm concerned that I might have to take the SQE (Solicitors Qualifying Examination) if I eventually secure a training contract offer.

Furthermore, I'd appreciate your advice on other scheme options for someone aspiring to become a lawyer. You can only choose four schemes from the available options. I am considering the Commercial scheme, House of Parliament, and Government Policy, but I'm unsure about the fourth scheme to choose. Your guidance on additional scheme options would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply 1
I think you might be asking your very valid questions in the wrong place. I appreciate that the routes to qualification as a solicitor are varied and your reservation about an expiring LPC is a valid one. However you might be better placed to raise your queries on the Civil Service Fast Track threads. Given no one has come back to you on this one it might just be that the answers you need are not readily to hand here. The one thing that strikes me is if you want to be a solicitor why not apply to be a Government lawyer rather than attempt to get on the FastTrack scheme? Anyway good luck. I hope you find your answers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending