The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Veterinary Science 2022

Hi everyone,
I’m looking to find some people who will be on my course (veterinary science) at UoL in September.

•What are you most looking forward to about the course?
•What type of vet do you hope to become?
•What accommodation are you considering?
•Are you going to the online Veterinary Science applicant discovery activity on Wednesday?

Here are my answers:
Practicals, learning how different body systems work in each animal, how to treat different diseases, and getting to be around other people who have the same subject interests as me
At the moment, a mixed practice vet
Halls - Crown place
Yes

:smile:
Original post by Oli^ia
Hi everyone,
I’m looking to find some people who will be on my course (veterinary science) at UoL in September.

•Are you going to the online Veterinary Science applicant discovery activity on Wednesday?

Here are my answers:
Practicals, learning how different body systems work in each animal, how to treat different diseases, and getting to be around other people who have the same subject interests as me
Halls - Crown place
Yes

Heyy
I’m looking forward to learning about anatomy and the practicals.
Probably a smallies vet but haven’t really thought too much about it yet, will definitely change my mind a million times over the next 5 years haha.
I will be staying in crown place.
I didn’t realise there was an online event this week, but I think I did a similar one a couple of months ago.:smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by PurpleVet
Heyy
I’m looking forward to learning about anatomy and the practicals.
Probably a smallies vet but haven’t really thought too much about it yet, will definitely change my mind a million times over the next 5 years haha.
I will be staying in crown place.
I didn’t realise there was an online event this week, but I think I did a similar one a couple of months ago.:smile:

Nice to meet you!
I guess we’ve got 5 years to change our minds on that one haha
Yeah, I think there was a similar event on earlier in the year, but I couldn’t attend that one :smile:
Original post by Oli^ia
Hi everyone,

Here are my answers:
Halls - Crown place
Yes

Hellooo!

I am looking forward to the animal handling/more practical aspects of the course as most of my work experience was observation-heavy.

I am leaning towards smallies, but I haven’t had much experience with anything else in a work experience, but also personal capacity; I will go into the course with an open mind, as I really enjoyed the week I spent lambing in yr12.

I am going to be in Crown place as well!

I also didn’t know that there would be a discovery activity, but I vaguely remember attending a virtual one on zoom last year?? I took a year out, so the event I attended was a while ago I think😅

Look forward to hopefully meeting you guys in person in September!
Reply 4
Original post by Hazza128
Hellooo!

I am looking forward to the animal handling/more practical aspects of the course as most of my work experience was observation-heavy.

I am leaning towards smallies, but I haven’t had much experience with anything else in a work experience, but also personal capacity; I will go into the course with an open mind, as I really enjoyed the week I spent lambing in yr12.

I am going to be in Crown place as well!

I also didn’t know that there would be a discovery activity, but I vaguely remember attending a virtual one on zoom last year?? I took a year out, so the event I attended was a while ago I think😅

Look forward to hopefully meeting you guys in person in September!

Hi!

I’m looking forward to the animal handling classes too. That’s a shame you haven’t been able to get very practically involved in your placements.

I’m glad you enjoyed lambing, it’s one of my favourite placements to do! I’ve done it two years in a row now and it’s always the one I look forward to the most each year :smile:

I am also deferred, so the last sessions aimed at us were a while ago, but they have been running some more throughout this year that you can sign up to on the website.

Yeah it’ll be good to finally meet everyone in person soon :smile:
Original post by Oli^ia
Hi!

I’m looking forward to the animal handling classes too. That’s a shame you haven’t been able to get very practically involved in your placements.

I’m glad you enjoyed lambing, it’s one of my favourite placements to do! I’ve done it two years in a row now and it’s always the one I look forward to the most each year :smile:

I am also deferred, so the last sessions aimed at us were a while ago, but they have been running some more throughout this year that you can sign up to on the website.

Yeah it’ll be good to finally meet everyone in person soon :smile:

Thank you, I’ll make sure to have a look at the website. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending