The Student Room Group

Funding for second degree

Hello,
I am aware that second degree funding is available for STEM subjects but part time only.

Is there any full time courses, science related where i can receive student finance tution loan.
Original post by U.ahmed1
Hello,
I am aware that second degree funding is available for STEM subjects but part time only.

Is there any full time courses, science related where i can receive student finance tution loan.

Hi there,

Students will be eligible for 2nd degree funding if they start a new course leading to a qualification as a:

-Medical Doctor
-Dentist
-Veterinary Surgeon (Veterinary Science courses can only be classed as an exception if the course leads the student to be a fully qualified Veterinary Surgeon)
-Architect (RIBA 1 and 2 studied as one continuous full time course)
-Social Worker
-Teacher

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Students will be eligible for 2nd degree funding if they start a new course leading to a qualification as a:

-Medical Doctor
-Dentist
-Veterinary Surgeon (Veterinary Science courses can only be classed as an exception if the course leads the student to be a fully qualified Veterinary Surgeon)
-Architect (RIBA 1 and 2 studied as one continuous full time course)
-Social Worker
-Teacher

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you for coming back to me.

I have read on the NHS website that studying radiography will allow me to claim second degree funding. This is more of a subject I would be interested rather then then the ones above. Is this correct will i be able to claim tuition loan?

I have read on the NHS website that studying radiography will allow me to claim second degree funding. This is more of a subject I would be interested rather then then the ones above. Is this correct will i be able to claim tuition loan?

Hi there,

That is correct. Do you have a university in mind? If so, can you confirm the course name and university and we'll double check this course. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

That is correct. Do you have a university in mind? If so, can you confirm the course name and university and we'll double check this course. Thanks, Jason

I will confirm which university shortly within this thread. But, please I have one more question relating to second degree and will help decide which university.
I have studied and completed a 2year only bsc in pakistan, this is classed as first degree i believe by SFE. with this i am not able to apply for Masters and so it would be UG course.
Is there an entry level where i get full SFE including maintanance loan aswell?
I will confirm which university shortly within this thread. But, please I have one more question relating to second degree and will help decide which university.
I have studied and completed a 2year only bsc in pakistan, this is classed as first degree i believe by SFE. with this i am not able to apply for Masters and so it would be UG course.
Is there an entry level where i get full SFE including maintanance loan aswell?

If the university and course match then it would be a course for full funding that includes the maintenance loan. Can you confirm if you've had funding from us before and if not, can you confirm your status in the UK? Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Jason
If the university and course match then it would be a course for full funding that includes the maintenance loan. Can you confirm if you've had funding from us before and if not, can you confirm your status in the UK? Thanks, Jason

Hello, apologies for late reply.
I have not had funding before from you and I am a Bristish national by naturalisation.
The course i wish to study is below
Salford university
Diagnostic Radiography B821
Or
University of Liverpool
Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology B822
Please can you confirm if these are ok and I will receive tuition loan and maintenance loan for second degree.
Hello, apologies for late reply.
I have not had funding before from you and I am a Bristish national by naturalisation.
The course i wish to study is below
Salford university
Or
University of Liverpool
Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology B822
Please can you confirm if these are ok and I will receive tuition loan and maintenance loan for second degree.

Hi there,

Yes, these courses are exceptions so you'll be entitled to funding regardless of your previous study.

To know for sure we'd recommend making an application online as soon as you're able: that way our assessors can tell you exactly what you'll be entitled to.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending