The Student Room Group

animation: Manchester Met or Nottingham Trent

I'm torn between the two unis for studying animation. Manchester feels like an obvious pick and I was sure about it (until now) but after some research NTU is really growing on me. it seems to have a high rating in general too. Im interested in a uni that is good for studying animation, for student life outside of lectures, and any other interesting points that will make it worthwhile. which is best? thank you for your help.
Have you checked out the most recent NSS results for these courses?
https://discoveruni.gov.uk/
Reply 2
Hey, I would love to know which you picked! I studied at nottingham trent in animation and personally I thought it was a let down. If people do decide to go Nottingham trent all I say is just dont. If you really want to learn animation you will not learn what you need to learn to (in my objective opinion) get a job in the industry. They teach like 3 or 4 principles out of the 12 which I think is kind of important. They make you do pointless projects that have no skill development. The lecturers from my knowledge and feel free to research, have no prior sucesses in animation so its kind of hard to ask for advice and the lecturers are only now learning what is industry software such as toonboom and due to this you cant ask for help. It looks like a great course from the outside and their has been some sucessful students but from connecting with older graduates allot of them are still struggling to get a job as they graduated without the required skillset. I really hope this helps someone in making a better decisions then I did.

Quick Reply

Latest