The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Broody

Please keep anon.

Im a guy, yeah, thats not the poster gender from who you were expecting.

I really want a child. Don't know why. Im only 20. But I really want to be a dad, I want to look after the child, raise him etc. I feel I need to be a dad, and take that role right now.

Its hard to explain, but from what I know of, no people of my age group (who are guys) have this feeling. Im not going to get my gf pregnant right now or anything, but does any other guy have these...feelings?
I know a guy who was like you (except he was only 19!).
He's already done all the drugs he wants to do (got it out his system), been to all the places he wants to, done enough things (been in a band, etc...). So he pretty much wants to settle down now and have a kid and get married. He even turns down casual sex, because he's looking for something 'so much more deeper and significant and more important'.

So no OP, you're not alone.
Interesting that you should refer to your future child as 'him', isn't it??

Daddy issues much??
Reply 3
No.
Reply 4
I'm kinda like that, but its more that i cant wait to be a dad, and i keep thinking how great a dad i wanna be and what i would do with it and what sport i would make it play etc......
Reply 5
I didnt mean 'him'.

Ack I dont know.

I though it was weird for my age.
Nah it isn't weird.
:-)
Bubbles*de*Milo
I know a guy who was like you...

You could have made that a much better post after that...

Bubbles*de*Milo
...but after the elephant and penguin decided to pole-volt the tent, we never saw him again...
It's not weird no
Reply 9
Is it possible that you are trying to make up for something? Doesnt have to be fathering issues with your own father like someone suggested, could be pretty much anything. Who/what do you REALLY want to raise/look after (=take care of) ?
i've heard of cases when people (usually girls) had a really strong wish to be a parent. There are often other things they were not happy with without even realizing, usually relationships...
AshMashMash
You could have made that a much better post after that...

I'm being honest...
Bubbles*de*Milo
I'm being honest...

Tbh, honesty is not always the best policy. (wit ooozes out of me).
AshMashMash
Tbh, honesty is not always the best policy. (wit ooozes out of me).

It really doesn't. :nah:

Latest

Trending

Trending