The Student Room Group

Just found out about UCL stat test but can't afford to sit it

I can't afford to sit the stat test for cs. £124. On their website they say people who are eligible for access to UCL can get a voucher but I'm not eligible for UCL but my parents income is not enough to pay
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I can't afford to sit the stat test for cs. £124. On their website they say people who are eligible for access to UCL can get a voucher but I'm not eligible for UCL but my parents income is not enough to pay

Why do you need it?Could your school help at all.Do they have bursaries for less well off students.Most schools do.Also local councils sometimes can help with this but it may take longer.Have a chat to head of sixth form.
Just to note that I’d be wary of giving out my bank details to anyone offering financial help.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Just to note that I’d be wary of giving out my bank details to anyone offering financial help.

I know, hence why I ignored the messages
You could start a "GoFundMe page " ?
Get a job.

The national minimum wage for 18 year olds is £ 8.60. That fee represents about 2 days work.
Original post by Anonymous
Get a job.
The national minimum wage for 18 year olds is £ 8.60. That fee represents about 2 days work.

Erm you do realise getting a part-time job isn't that easy. Like it can take ages to get one and they're competitive too :/

But it's so ridiculous how access UCL mainly considers your postcode and not your financial situation at all 👎🏽
Erm you do realise getting a part-time job isn't that easy. Like it can take ages to get one and they're competitive too :/
But it's so ridiculous how access UCL mainly considers your postcode and not your financial situation at all 👎🏽

It's probably much easier for a teenager to get a part time job than to get a place at UCL.

I suppose UCL want to target applicants living in areas that factually and definitely has a high level of financial, social or economic deprivation, or low progression to higher education, according to government statistics.

Perhaps it is easier for UCL to verify this with their applicants rather than reviewing it against individual salaries of hundreds, maybe thousands of parents, and then have to verify the evidence.
Reply 8

Your student council may be able to pay. They often pay for Duke of Edinburgh expeditions, exam re-sits, fundraisers. I think university entrance tests also fall within this remit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending