The Student Room Group

gcse speaking assessment topics

if u already done ur gcse speaking assessment what did u do it on? and what did u get for it?
also, how did u feel? were u nervous/scared?
im in year 10 and i have mine in two weeks, and GOSH im scared. I also ran out of topics to talk abt!
Teamwork
hey! I'm a year 11 who just finished my GCSE'S. I did my speaking assessment last year and I got a distinction, I would say its definitely important to do something you're passionate about as you will be able to and want to talk for longer! I did mine about how healthcare should be free everywhere! I would say its important to include an anecdote (true story) that's related to your topic as it's not only factual but also could be classed as emotive too.

honestly, I wouldn't be nervous as everyone else is In the same boat even though it doesn't feel that way. I would definitely write up what you'll say and try and remember it! Also try and add in some interesting vocabulary and structures (e.g list of threes, "imagine this", "fortunately.....unfortunately"

you'll do great! let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Original post by AAAA22
if u already done ur gcse speaking assessment what did u do it on? and what did u get for it?
also, how did u feel? were u nervous/scared?
im in year 10 and i have mine in two weeks, and GOSH im scared. I also ran out of topics to talk abt!
Reply 3
I did mine about sleep and how school affects teenagers' sleep schedules. Got a distinction, but after a horror moment when I had a huge wad of gum on my shoe in front of the class as I was about to start! Good luck, everyone will be ******** themselves and I'm sure you'll do well and people will be nice :smile:
Reply 4
I did my speaking last year and got a distinction, finding a topic should be relatively easy with so much going on right now, perhaps try to link to them as there will be plenty of research ab it.
For expression and gesture, search up speeches by successful people on (I copied the way people on TED talk engaged audiences at the start).

Also, learn a few strong phrases about your topic and don’t use it until you run out of what to say.
Good luck and don’t feel stressed about it!

Quick Reply

Latest