The Student Room Group

Failed GCSE German

I usually do ok in German. I used to get 6s and 7s. I get at least half of the paper I do correct but these tests were so bad for me. I cried during the speaking and forgot everything as a result, listening was decent but I didn’t understand any of the reading paper. The writing went horribly as well since I didn’t even know the topics the questions were on that well (those two were the only ones my school didn’t cover completely. We just looked at some words and that was that). Now I feel like I’m definitely failing it.

Does it really matter to universities if I failed one subject (German) if I definitely passed the others? I usually get 6s in science and 7s and above in the other subjects.
Reply 1
Original post by anxietyfilled
I usually do ok in German. I used to get 6s and 7s. I get at least half of the paper I do correct but these tests were so bad for me. I cried during the speaking and forgot everything as a result, listening was decent but I didn’t understand any of the reading paper. The writing went horribly as well since I didn’t even know the topics the questions were on that well (those two were the only ones my school didn’t cover completely. We just looked at some words and that was that). Now I feel like I’m definitely failing it.

Does it really matter to universities if I failed one subject (German) if I definitely passed the others? I usually get 6s in science and 7s and above in the other subjects.

Ok so just to be clear here you didn't fail the subject, you are just assuming you did. Let's take the hypothetical, from what I've learned so far universities do not judge solely on one subject, they assess your overall grades sure but in the end it's what you offer as a person ( in both IQ and EQ) that makes the mark.
I am not saying you don't have to do better in German, I am saying that don't be so anxious over one subject because it will affect the results of all your other subjects.
However this is my personal advice and information from when I found myself perusing the internet for answers for this stuff.
I am still in my second year of GCSE (Zone 4)
Hope this helped you!

Quick Reply

Latest